Status
Not open for further replies.

New build no output

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  linderman 
#1 ·
so this is my first post here goes

mobo - Biostar N68S3B GeForce 7025 Motherboard
CPU - AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition AM3
Ram - Kingston KHX1600C9D3B1K2/4GX HyperX Blu Desktop Memory Kit (2x 2GB)
HD - Seagate ST32000542AS Barracuda LP Hard Drive
PSU - Ultra LSP650 650-Watt Power Supply
Vid Card - Sapphire 100314-2SR Radeon HD 6870

Now as far as I can tell I have everything hooked up right (this has been confirmed) heres the story
I bought these parts and got so excited that I had them all next day delivered. they all got here and still over excited I did NOT bench test (my mistake) so I hooked everything up and I did not get any video, i tried a new CPU as well as "bare-bonesing" it with only the bare essentials as was suggested in several other threads. So I called up tigerdirect and they sent me a new MOBO as that was the only thing that I as well as several others could imagine the problem being. Well, today I got the new mobo in the mail and am in the process of bench testing it and I am getting the same problem, no video output and I also noticed that with my speaker plugged in I am not getting any beeps either. So I can only hope someone can help me out because my only other option is to send this SECOND mobo back to biostar and have them look at it.

I appreciate any help in advance!

p.s. I tried both the on board video connection and the video card and it didn't seem to make a difference.

See less See more
#2 ·
With no RAM installed you should hear a repeated single beep from the Mobo speaker if the Mobo is OK. My first suspicion is the Ultra PSU.

Are you following this method for bench testing?

Set the motherboard on a non conductive surface. The motherboard box is perfect for this. DO NOT PLACE THE MOTHERBOARD ON THE STATIC BAG! It can actually conduct electricity!
Install the CPU and heat sink.
Install 1 stick of RAM.
Install the video card and attach the power supply connection(s) to the card if your card needs it.
Connect the monitor to the video card.
Connect the power supply to the motherboard with both the 24pin main ATX Power connection and the separate 4 or 8 pin power connection.
Connect power to the power supply.
Do NOT connect ANYTHING else. Make sure you have the power connector on the CPU fan connected.
Use a small screwdriver to momentarily short the power switch connector on the motherboard. Consult your motherboard manual to find which two pins connect to your case's power switch. Then touch both pins with a screwdriver to complete the circuit and boot the system.

If all is well, it should power up and you should get a display. Then assemble the parts into the case and try again. If the system now fails to boot, you have a short in the case and need to recheck your motherboard standoffs.

If the system does not boot after this process, then you most likely have a faulty component. You'll need to swap parts, start with the power supply, until you determine what is defective.

#3 ·
those are the steps im following and i traded out the PSU for my old one that I know works and still having the same issue. I also traded out the CPU for a different one i don't know what else to try other than sending the mobo back to biostar and having them look at it

#6 ·
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.