Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU

User Tag List

Need help with system performance

This is a discussion on Need help with system performance within the Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, I recently purchased some new hardware due to the problems i was having before, slow performance and game performance.

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 08:02 PM   #1

Hi, I recently purchased some new hardware due to the problems i was having before, slow performance and game performance. So i purchased a 3.00 ghz PENTIUM D 925 dual core and a Gigabyte GA-P31-DS3L. Before my computer consisted of
Intel Pentium 4 3.2ghz
P5GD1 Asus motherboard
1.5 gb ram
x1650 PRO 512mb Radeon
ATA 250 maxtor harddrive
300 PSU
Windows xp / vista

Now that setup had been working fine till i tried a game then it all wen haywire.
So now my setup is

Intel Pentium D 3.00 Dual core
Gigabyte GA-P31-DS3L
2gb DDR2 RAM
X1650 pro 512 Radeon
ATA 250 maxtor harddrive
300 psu

After i go back up and running with windows xp i decided to try a old game ( Age of mythology) and see how it would perform, and to my horror the cinamatics was running blocky and probably had like 2-3 fps. So im really in the dark here, the only things i can think of is buying a new fan for the cpu or a new power unit

Advice please :/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2008, 10:08 PM   #2

Before buying a new fan maybe you should monitor you CPU temperature... You can download CoreTemp or SpeedFan (I would try CoreTemp first) and check if your processor is overheating (you can probably post your results if you don't know what a normal temperature is... maybe someone else can tell you that because I am not really sure).

Also, does windows recognize all of the new hardware you installed...

Maybe it has something to do with your video drivers and your recent upgrades, did you try downloading the most recent video drivers for your video card?

I am not sure on the power supply...
Closed Thread