Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU

User Tag List

need help with spacing on Mobo

This is a discussion on need help with spacing on Mobo within the Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello I am trying to figure out an issue I'm running into regarding physical space on the mobo. I know

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 09:05 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hello I am trying to figure out an issue I'm running into regarding physical space on the mobo. I know that I want to get the ASUS Maximus 4 extreme. I want to put a Killer 2100, an ASUS STX sound card, and 2 higher-end gpu's on it but the issue is I need to find a way to make it fit on the mobo and also have adequate cooling. Is there a creative solution to this? or is this even possible?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2011, 10:36 AM   #2
dai
TSF Team, Emeritus

if the cards will fit in the slots cooling should no be a problem,unless you live in the tropics

Old 07-05-2011, 11:36 AM   #3
Registered Member

I think that's my issue though. I have never held the mobo or the cards in my hands before so I don't know if all the cards will actually fit. I know that there are enough PCIe slots for them, but I'm just not sure if the bulk of having those 4 cards in there will fit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2011, 12:17 PM   #4
Emeritus

Easiest solution is use one better GPU. Two GPU's cost twice as much, require/use more power, generate unneeded heat in the case and you get a maybe 20% performance increase in the few games that can utilize two GPU's.
Onboard sound is quite impressive on the newer Mobo's You could try the Onboard and add a dedicated card later if you are not satisfied.

Old 07-05-2011, 12:24 PM   #5
Registered Member

Awesome. Thank you very much for your advice. I will consider either using one video card or just trying out the onboard audio. Thanks a bunch
Old 07-05-2011, 12:25 PM   #6
Emeritus

You're welcome, good luck and please let us know the results.

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mobo, card, power compatibility
Hey guys, I had a few quick questions that I'm sure you guys can easily answer. Well, we have an old computer mobo that I'm thinking of using to setup for our youngest in the family. The mobo is an ECS 945PL-A (1.0) LGA 775 Intel 945PL Express ATX Intel Motherboard (link[/url). I know that its...
aoilemon Video Card Support 6 03-12-2011 11:46 AM
mobo GA EX58 UD3R compatible memory
Hi there, i came up with idea to buy new memory for my PC. :D i'm using mobo GA EX58 UD3R. On its manual it say the max voltage for the memory should be 1.5v. GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1366 - GA-EX58-UD3R (rev. 1.0) yesterday i visit corsair.com and search compatible memory for my mobo...
Kacan63xisT Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU 2 03-10-2011 08:15 PM
mobo overheating again?
Hey guys, I was here on the forums before asking questions about my mobo because my comp wouldn't start and i found out that it was because 4 of the capacitors leaked. anyway, i am glad that i got a lot of help from here for that or else I would never have figured that out myself. however, an...
kittie_kat Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU 3 02-14-2011 12:28 AM
need help with upgradeing mobo
alright so my current mobo finally desided to kick the bucket and i cant find a way to fix it and theres no support for it any more. so im getting a new mobo but i dont know how to tell if its better than the one i have. i know that i need to keep the processor socket the same and make shure the...
legenddragon Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU 1 01-13-2011 05:14 AM
New mobo ? no video
I am upgrading my mobo. Old system ESC K8M899-M2, with video card NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 in AGP slot. New mobo MSI 880GM-E431, with no AGP slot. I was intending not to have a video card and use the video on the mobo. New mobo installed, (with no video card) and VDU connected to mobo video...
butterfly_pete Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU 7 01-04-2011 11:47 PM