Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU

User Tag List

need help with SATA/PATA and K8vse

This is a discussion on need help with SATA/PATA and K8vse within the Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Good morning: I am having all kinds of problems getting my IDE drives to work properly on my K8Vse board.

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2005, 06:34 AM   #1

Good morning:

I am having all kinds of problems getting my IDE drives to work properly on my K8Vse board. I have a SATA WD drive that is running off of the SATA ports (VIA ports, but not the ones designated for the SATA raid). This drive is my primary. I also have two PATA drives that are running in mirror (raid 1) on my promise controller. Here is my problem. When I enable the promise controller in the bios, it removes my option to boot to the sata drive in the boot order. When I go to try to add it back in the boot order list, it is not listed anymore, the only thing listed is my cd rom, the promise controller (with 2 pata raid 1 drives, which have no os on them) and a floppy. If I disable the promise controller in the bios, then it finds the sata drive fine. This is in bios revision 1007. I have flashed to 1006, and even 1003, and this does not fix it. I do have sata bootrom enabled as well in the bios. Any help would be appreciated.

PS this config was working fine, for about 9 months, then one day is stated no OS found. The sata drive is not bad, because if I disable the promise controller, the drive boots to the OS fine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread