Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU

User Tag List

My Motherboard refuse to power up

This is a discussion on My Motherboard refuse to power up within the Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Pls anybody tht can help me on my computer desktop motherboard, the system refuse to power up but when i

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 07:52 AM   #1
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to efemtom

Pls anybody tht can help me on my computer desktop motherboard, the system refuse to power up but when i plug it in it bring up green light on the motherboard but it will not power, the fan will not roll and everything will just be silent.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2012, 08:49 AM   #2
Registered Member

i had a problem which sounds the same turned out to be the motherboard battery cr2032 the little silver penny sized one inside you can buy theme from most supermarkets ok Mick
Old 11-21-2012, 03:53 PM   #3
Emeritus

A failed CMOS battery should not prevent the PC from powering on.
Have you been experiencing any problems prior to this situation?
If there is no signs of activity (i.e. no fans or lights) the PSU is the prime suspect.
PC Specs?
Pre- Built Brand & Model Number
Custom Built- Brand & Model of Mobo-CPU-RAM-Graphics-PSU.

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Motherboard power LED is on, but PC won't start
I received a new graphics card in the mail yesterday, and when I installed it the computer wouldn't start. Thinking it was a faulty card, I switched back to my old card, and the computer still wouldn't start, no fans spinning or boot noises or post. This didn't make sense because everything is...
Hazmat RAM and Power Supply Support 18 08-19-2011 02:31 AM
How to Bench Test / Troubleshoot Your System
:stop: This guide has been updated! Please see here: https://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f255/how-to-bench-test-build-and-troubleshoot-your-computer-918754.html The purpose of this thread is to demonstrate an easy way to test your system prior to complete assembly. If you take the time to...
linderman Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU 1 08-01-2007 04:15 PM
How to Bench Test / Troubleshoot Your System
The purpose of this thread is to demonstrate an easy way to test your system prior to complete assembly. If you take the time to bench test your build prior to full assembly you will save yourself hordes of time in troubleshooting a faulty component. The most efficient way to minimize lost...
linderman Tweakers 1 08-01-2007 04:15 PM
Pending: Power Supply Information and Selection
CHOOSING AND UNDERSTANDING A POWER SUPPLY UNIT The power supply unit in today’s modern computer assumes a role probably more critical than any other single component in your system even when compared to the CPU and motherboard. Therefore, there are multiple factors that must be evaluated...
Tumbleweed36 Dead-Sea Scrolls 0 07-09-2006 03:41 PM
Power Supply Information and Selection
:smile: CHOOSING AND UNDERSTANDING A POWER SUPPLY UNIT The power supply unit in today’s modern computer assumes a role probably more critical than any other single component in your system even when compared to the CPU and motherboard. Therefore, there are multiple factors that must...
Tumbleweed36 RAM and Power Supply Support 0 07-09-2006 03:41 PM