Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU

User Tag List

My computer runs away

This is a discussion on My computer runs away within the Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have Windows XP in a tower PC. Whenever I try to use a photoeditor or DVD player, the fan

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 05:14 AM   #1
Registered Member

I have Windows XP in a tower PC. Whenever I try to use a photoeditor or DVD player, the fan on the processor (motherboard) starts picking up revolutions, so much that the desk starts vibrating and resonating ! The fan has been replaced without improvement. This increase in rev's sometimes happens spontaneously. Please help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2011, 05:18 AM   #2
Emeritus

The CPU fan increases in RPM's to cool the CPU. Check your temps and Voltages in the Bios.
PC Specs?
Prebuilt- Brand & Model Number.
Custom Build- Brand & Model of Mobo-CPU-Hdd-RAM-GPU-PSU.

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How I can view computers in other group (workgroup)?
We have two different groups in network say 'A' and 'B'. My network is B. I can view the computers in my group simply by clicking "view workgroup computers". I wonder how I can view the computers in group 'A'
comonforall Networking Support 2 02-03-2011 08:16 PM
Problem with communication from all my computers to a certain server.
Hello, I have in my network a server that i just changed it's domain. After the change i noticed a most wierd problem. I could ping, mstsc and everyting else from the server to other computers but all the other computers on the network can't find the server. The problematic server is windows...
dino_ben Networking Support 3 02-03-2011 01:19 AM
Unable to "safely remove" external hard drives on either of my computers
For some reason about 75% of the time when I have an external hard drive plugged in to either my laptop or desktop computer (both running Windows XP Professional SP3) it wonít let me safely remove the drive when Iím done with it; the error message I get on both computers when trying to remove the...
genericvolume Windows XP Support 5 01-23-2011 11:17 AM