Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU

User Tag List

My computer has no display or beep when turning on. Please Help!

This is a discussion on My computer has no display or beep when turning on. Please Help! within the Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I got a bunch of new computer parts to create my own computer....Here are the specs. Motherboard: Gigabyte P55-UD3L CPU:Intel

Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 05:13 PM   #1

I got a bunch of new computer parts to create my own computer....Here are the specs.
Motherboard: Gigabyte P55-UD3L
CPU:Intel Core i5
VGA: GeForce GTS 250 1GB GDDR3
Hard drive: 500Gb Barracuda
RAM:2x4GB Xms3 (Corsair)
Power Supply: Coolmax 700W CU Modular Power Supply

As the question states when I have everything plugged in i`ll power on and all the fans will turn on the hard drive will turn on and the 4 phase LED`s on the Mobo will also turn on(What do these mean?),but the computer screen will still remain blank and there are no beeps when starting the computer....I`ve tried resetting the CMOS, and also bench installing everything but still no luck everything is brand new and i`m wondering if this is either a PSU problem and i have to buy a new one or if I messed up the Motherboard and need to purchase a new one.....Please someone tell me if there is anything else I did not try yet or tell me what I should do to go about fixing this problem.

I have tried putting only one RAM stick in and still nothing happens.... The thing is that the motherboard won`t beep even if there is NO RAM in there I don`t know what else to do.

How do I find out whether it is the Power Supply messing up or if its the motherboard? Or is it possible that the power supply is not enough to support this equipment?

Please Help Me!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2009, 08:00 PM   #2
TSF Team Emeritus

My System

We need the exact ram specs, provide a link would be helpfull.
I am not crazy about coolmax but that unit should work are you sure you have the extra 4 or 8 pin connector from the psu to the motherboard connected?
Are you sure there is a case speaker connected?
Old 12-26-2009, 09:15 PM   #3

Where is the case speaker located? Is it a cord that needs to be plugged in inside the MOBO?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2009, 10:33 AM   #4
TSF Team Emeritus

My System

A case speaker connects to the front panel header near the case switch, page 28 of your manual covers this. The case speaker itself is usually mounted in the case although alot of cases now adays just provide a little round speaker in the bag of screw. You need this connected to here beeps that could tell us whats going on.

I have checked and the board and cpu are compatible but we need a link to the ram to make sure its compatble, each of these steps are important so we don't jump to any conclusions about a bad part
Closed Thread