Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios & CPU

User Tag List

msi a68hm-e33 v2 wont boot

This is a discussion on msi a68hm-e33 v2 wont boot within the Motherboards, Bios & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. i bought my friends old pc stuff as he had upgraded stuff i drove there saw the stuff working in

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2018, 08:00 AM   #1
TSF Enthusiast

My System

i bought my friends old pc stuff as he had upgraded stuff i drove there saw the stuff working in his pc hung out with him and played a few games before pulling the board cpu and ram form his pc. took all this stuff home installed it in my pc and i can not get it to boot. the board seems to power on but will not send a display signal to the monitor. its an msi a68hm-e33 v2 motherboard with a 3.2 quad core and 16 gb ddr3 ram. i have tried 2 different g cards and on board ive tried 3 different power supplies i dont have another cpu that fits this board and i dont have more ram that fits this board so i could not try different ram or cpu but i tried using single sticks of ram ive tried bios reset ive tried removing everything from the board and powering on board does not beep but i dont see a speaker on it ither. i have the 4 pin power connector attached as well as the main power connector. whats going on with it? it was working before i bought it and i beleive him when he says it worked fine before. as it sits now im about to mail the board back to him to have it replaced on the warranty he has with it but i figured id ask to see if im missing something stupid. as it sits now if i poiwer it on all the fans do come on fast at first them slow down to normal speed but it will not show any display
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2018, 09:30 AM   #2
TSF Moderator
Hardware Team

Does the mobo have any lights on it that light up when powered on? Do you have the PSU power switch on? Do you have the CPU cooler installed and is it installed correctly?
Old 07-05-2018, 11:34 AM   #3
TSF Enthusiast

My System

the board had no lights on it the cooler was on and i tried using a 4 pin fan as well instead of the 3 pin fan that was on my aftermarket cooler and yes the power supply was on. i just sent it out to be replaced.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2018, 01:00 PM   #4
TSF Moderator
Hardware Team

The mobo had no life at all when you tried to turn it on? What I'm try to decipher with some sherlock holmes deductive reasoning, is it might not be the mobo. It might be the PSU.
Old 07-05-2018, 05:01 PM   #5
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassfisher6522 View Post
The mobo had no life at all when you tried to turn it on? What I'm try to decipher with some sherlock holmes deductive reasoning, is it might not be the mobo. It might be the PSU.
the power supply is running my current rig. all the parts worked when they were moved from there working systems into a new configuration.

my friend bouhgt new stuff i used the board cpu and ram when i played his pc at his house before removing it from the system. i took it home turned my pc on saved some files turned my pc off removed my mother board installed this new board hooked my components to it that were in my old pc and no boot. the cpu fan and power supply fans turned on when i pushed the power button it just wouldent post anything on the screen.
Old 07-05-2018, 07:21 PM   #6
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

Hi do not hoop up hard drive just CPU ram and use onboard video if motherboard has that. should be able to get to bios.

Mark thread solved under thread tools when issue has been resolved.
Old 07-07-2018, 12:38 PM   #7
Team Manager - Hardware
Acting Manager, Security Center

My System

The Psu could have the power to run your system but not enough to run other motherboard and cpu and you are not telling us anything about the several psus you have tried. Are both boards the same size either ATX mid size or micro? Are you certain all the standoffs in your case matched the holes in his motherboard is why I am asking that? Was the cpu removed from old board for you to take with you or left attached to motherboard because it sounds to me like bent pins frankly. That is easy enough to do because if the cpu has been attached long enough to the board if you do not pull lit straight out often times the AMD cpu stays attached to Hsf and the pins get bent in the process.

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and more effectively.
Old 08-05-2018, 01:36 PM   #8
Registered Member

The way you diagnose a motherboard is to take all the components off and see if it posts. Then you add one component at a time testing as you go.
Old 08-07-2018, 06:21 PM   #9
TSF Enthusiast

My System

it dident post with everything off the board. i got a replacement board and it works now.
Old 08-07-2018, 06:23 PM   #10
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

Glad you got running

Mark thread solved under thread tools when issue has been resolved.
Old 08-07-2018, 06:23 PM   #11
Registered Member

Nice job
Closed Thread