Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios & CPU

User Tag List

Motherboard or CPU Causing No Display

This is a discussion on Motherboard or CPU Causing No Display within the Motherboards, Bios & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi TSF, Hardware: - Motherboard - Ram - CPU - GPU - PSU - Cosair 680w One day I was

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2019, 05:33 AM   #1
Registered Member

EEK!

Hi TSF,

Hardware:
- Motherboard
- Ram
- CPU
- GPU
- PSU - Cosair 680w

One day I was playing a video game with no problems. All of a sudden my display went blank. Thinking this was a bit odd I restarted my computer without issue but the display was still blank. Initially thinking it was the graphics card I thought it might have either broke/unseated or something else.

After fiddling around I then tried to see if the integrated graphics worked but this still had the same issue. Frustrated I then unplugged all essential hardware and reset the CMOS. Still the same issue.
I have also tried with both sticks of RAM individually, a separate PSU and reseating every piece of hardware. I have also tried different monitors and HDMI cables. Still the same issue.

The strangest thing is that everything boots up as it normally would without issue. Fans begin to whirl, lights come on, no suspect beeping... nothing out of the ordinary. I suspect the problem is due to either my motherboard or CPU being faulty. However, before I send the hardware back for a refund I need to identify which piece of hardware is causing the problem. Unfortunately I don't have a spare CPU or Motherboard compatible to isolate which piece of hardware could be causing the problem.

Does anyone have any ideas on what might be the issue and/or what my next steps should be?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2019, 05:51 AM   #2
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

Obvious question. Does the light (usually blue with picture) come on and if so, is it red? Trying to see if power is getting to monitor. Also, plug monitor into a separate source, not the surge protector and see what happens.

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Old 07-09-2019, 07:47 AM   #3
Registered Member

A red light comes on the motherboard on the right of it if that's what you mean? I've tried separate monitors using separate power cables & plugs still no luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2019, 08:15 AM   #4
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

Try a VGA monitor if you have one and of course VGA cables.

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Closed Thread