Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU

User Tag List

Motherboard is not recognizing my video card

This is a discussion on Motherboard is not recognizing my video card within the Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I recently got a new graphics card a ATI Radeon HD 5750 after buying a new power supply so that

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2014, 09:41 PM   #1
Registered Member

Mistake

I recently got a new graphics card
a ATI Radeon HD 5750
after buying a new power supply so that way i can power it I hooked it up and turn of my computer, i checked my dvi cable to to see if it was working plugged in due to the fact that my monitor was coming up saying "check video cables"
so by the end of that i would up buying a hdmi to dvi cable off of amazon made by Amazon.

my video card is running, the fan comes on and everything but i have to have the vga plugged into my computer base and not the video card to see anything
it is seeing the fact that a video card is in but its putting the drivers in as a intel 82945g family chipset. when I power down and remove the card my computer switches back to windows basic driver. i have attempted manually putting the correct drivers into it but when ever i install the drivers the installer for the AMD driver fails every time. im not sure what to do at this point, i have tryed everything i can possibly think of. i have been fighting this battle for the last month

Specs:
amd radeon hd 5750
4g Ram
amd dual core processor
not sure how to tell about my motherboard
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2014, 12:17 AM   #2
Administrator
Team Manager, Gaming
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
Team Manager, Hardware Team
Microsoft MVP

Is this a major brand PC like a Dell, HP, Gateway?
If so what brand and model?

Or follow the instructions here to find the specs > How to Find Your Full System Specs Using Speccy or CPU-Z | Tech Support Forum
Old 05-01-2014, 11:27 AM   #3
Registered Member

My System

I would try going into the BIOS and starting there. Depending on the motherboard start checking the different sections until you see options for video and make sure it is checked to PCI Express or something to that effect. Without seeing your actual BIOS it would be hard to tell you what the exact layout and options will look like.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

i7 4770k, Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler, ASUS Sabertooth Z87 Motherboard, 16gb DDR3 1600 RAM, EVGA GTX770, Intel 520 series 180gb SSD, Corsair HX1000 PSU, Corsair 600t Case
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2014, 02:24 AM   #4
Registered Member

My System

When you have a Video card plugged in, it should automatically disable the onboard video, and you should not be able to use it with the card in. The intel 82945g family chipset is your onboard Video.
As Sweak said, boot into Setup (Bios) go to Integrated Peripherals, make sure that the PCIe port is Enabled. Save and Exit
Closed Thread