Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU

User Tag List

Motherboard header panel not responding...

This is a discussion on Motherboard header panel not responding... within the Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi: I am building a PC Chips M848A based PC, and I have installed windows and programs outside the PC

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 02:50 PM   #1

Hi:

I am building a PC Chips M848A based PC, and I have installed windows and programs outside the PC by starting the machine with a screwdriver. I even got my Microsoft WGA and updates with the motherboard on the table. However, when I put the mobo inside the PC case, which is a perfectly designed Raidmax and has worked perfectly well with previous motherboards, the power switch starts the PC, but then it does not beep, post, or display anything. The CPU and fans just keep spinning. When I press the power button for four seconds, it turns off the PC. I can start the PC just fine with a screwdriver, but not with the pwr sw. Any suggestions how to overcome this, other than sending the mobo back to dealer?

Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2009, 04:46 PM   #2
Emeritus

Everything worked on the bench and the only thing changed, according to your post, is installing the Mobo in the case so my first thought is the Mobo shorted to the case.
Are ALL of the standoffs installed in correspondence to the Mobo mounting holes?

Old 07-04-2009, 05:54 PM   #3

Like I said, even when it was in the PC case, the motherboard would start with the screwdriver, but not with the power button. Once I plugged in the panel 1, it would stop beeping or booting, or displaying. All the holes are lined up and bolted down. The header is definitely screwed up, unless there is something I have not understood after making 30 odd PCs. Thanks for the help, anyway.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2009, 08:28 PM   #4
dai
TSF Team, Emeritus

the case button may be faulty or the header wiring does not match the m/b pins

Old 07-05-2009, 10:14 AM   #5

The case panel is just fine as it is an old case and has worked perfectly with previous motherboards. I am RMA-ing the motherboard to the seller due to the screwed up motherboard header. Thank you for your help.
Closed Thread