Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU

User Tag List

moniter wont display anything, except in safe mode. problems booting up

This is a discussion on moniter wont display anything, except in safe mode. problems booting up within the Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. when i try to boot up my computer, everything is normal up to when the microsoft windows logo comes on.

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2006, 10:09 PM   #1

when i try to boot up my computer, everything is normal up to when the microsoft windows logo comes on. after it loads, my moniter goes blank and displays "no signal"

if i boot up in safe mode, my computer will load all the way, and works as intended.

i tried booting up in vga mode, and changed the resolution setting, but as soon as i change the setting the screen goes black and displays "no signal" as soon as i click the apply button.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2006, 10:29 PM   #2

try reinstalling your video card drivers.
Old 01-08-2006, 10:43 PM   #3

tried reinstalling the drivers, didnt help. any other suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2006, 10:52 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhanny
tried reinstalling the drivers, didnt help. any other suggestions?
Can you give us some background information. Is this a new computer? did you make a hardware change and this started happening? Any thing else you might of done before this start happening? or did it just all of a sudden stoped working?

Also a list of system specs would be helpful.
Old 01-08-2006, 10:59 PM   #5
dai
TSF Team, Emeritus

include the power supply specs,it sounds like it is not supplying enough power to run tne video card

Old 01-08-2006, 11:14 PM   #6

im using a shuttle mini pc, its not new or anything. model is SN41G2 XPC. it has a nvidia nForce 2 IGP + MCP-T chipset (copied from off the box). I am running off the power supply it came with, it doesn't say the specs, and for graphics i am running off the onboard video chip thing. ive had this computer for about a year

there was nothing wrong with it when i had it at home, i had it connected to a 15" lcd and it was working fine.

then i came back down to la where i go to school, and i plugged it into my friends plasma tv via s-video cable to watch a movie. then i plugged it back into my 19" lcd in my dorm and this is when it stopped working.

also, is there any way i can run a game in safe mode? i want to play world of warcraft, but it wont run when i am in safe mode, or in vga mode or wutever.
Old 01-08-2006, 11:29 PM   #7
dai
TSF Team, Emeritus

it sounds like a setting was changed,have a look through this
https://www.tweakguides.com/NVFORCE_13.html

Old 01-08-2006, 11:43 PM   #8

every PC could use a good cleaning to eliminate heat and static electrcity buildup :)
Old 01-08-2006, 11:58 PM   #9

i downloaded the tweaking guide, and cudnt find anything that helped :(

any other suggestions? i really dont want to take my computer in to a store, cant shell out the cash to pay for a diagnostic or wutever. thanks for the replies
Old 01-08-2006, 11:59 PM   #10

I looked and you have a nvidia video card. this a long shot but I thinking maybe it still looking for the plasma tv as the main monitor.

In VGA mode go to display properties, settings, advanced, tab named after video card, nview, make sure the nview display mode is single display and is the monitor you are using.
Old 01-09-2006, 12:27 AM   #11

i dont see a tab named after my vdo card, all i see is general, adapter, monitor, troubleshoot, and color management. and i cant find nview.

i tried going to the nvidia website to look for new drivers to download, but i wasnt able to download anything.
Old 01-09-2006, 12:47 AM   #12
dai
TSF Team, Emeritus

look for nview in the control panel and click on the icon

Closed Thread