Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios & CPU

User Tag List

Intel S5000PALR no Post

This is a discussion on Intel S5000PALR no Post within the Motherboards, Bios & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello, i have assembled a server with these parts: MB : S5000PALR CPU: 2 x Intel Xeon x5460 GPU: Onboard

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2018, 04:29 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hello, i have assembled a server with these parts:

MB : S5000PALR
CPU: 2 x Intel Xeon x5460
GPU: Onboard
RAM: 8 x 4GB = 32GB Hynix FBDIMM 2Rx4 DDR2 PC2-5300F 667Mhz 240pin CL5 ECC HYMP151F72CP4N3-Y5 (with HP Sticker on it)

After i put all components together and cleared the CMOS, the server turn on but dosent post.

Diagnostic LED POST Code: >Red Amber Red Off< Entered EFI driver execution phase (DXE)

Maybe the wrong type of memory?

Any troubleshooting suggestions will be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2018, 06:15 AM   #2
Moderator TSF
Hardware Team Moderator

Hi. Welcome to TSF. I'd like to believe you've referred to the board's manual extensively while building your server. I'd advice starting with one memory module in slot A1, then if it POSTs fine, add a second module in B1, then C1, D1 and so on, following the DIMM installation instructions in the manual. I usually test EACH DIMM module individually in channel A slot 1. If it POSTs successfully with each DIMM, I then go ahead to add one at a time, in the recommended slot until ALL of them are added and POST is successful each time. I also presume you're taking precautions when handling the DIMMs. Yesterday I almost shed tears when I saw how the IT guy at a local technical training college was handling replacement DIMM modules that I had supplied. It's a good thing I delivered and also oversaw the installation, otherwise they would have rejected them as faulty. Imagine the loses before it is discovered that poor handling and incorrect installation was to blame!
Old 03-08-2018, 11:05 PM   #3
Registered Member

Thank's, i have tested it after your method but it dosen't post either. I also ordered a different pair of CPU's, this time Xeon 5160 because the Xeon x5460 only works with a specific Bios version, also unsuccessful without a Post.

Yes sure, i have used all manuals i have found in the internet XD

Some other ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2018, 11:39 PM   #4
Windows Tech Team
Hardware Tech Team

Check the Mobo manual for Memory slot#1 and use a single stick in that as suggested by stance.. If that's tried, then it's possible that the issue is not with the current phase displayed, but could be due to an issue when the previous phase handover is being done.

If you remove the Memory, are you getting No Memory installed error codes ? If not, I'd check the BIOS, CPU compatibility and Board functionality..

Also, is this a known-good working board ? (new or Refurb)

Old 03-16-2018, 02:04 AM   #5
Troubled

Start configuring like this Printed board assembly Revision - D13607-902
Minimum software requirement - BIOS version 84

I used the following link to configure through their support

intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/products/46540/server-products/server-boards/legacy-server-and-workstation-boards/intel-server-board-s5000pa-family/intel-server-board-s5000palr.html
Closed Thread