Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios & CPU

User Tag List

i7-7700 Temperature

This is a discussion on i7-7700 Temperature within the Motherboards, Bios & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Good day! I have this Intel Core i7-7700 with these thermal readings: Idle: ~40C Load (Gaming): ~61-70C It is cooled

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SpywareDr
Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2019, 06:12 AM   #1
Registered Member

My System

Send a message via Skype™ to xtechnouser

Good day!

I have this Intel Core i7-7700 with these thermal readings:

Idle: ~40C
Load (Gaming): ~61-70C

It is cooled by CoolerMaster T2 Mini with only 1 Rear Case Fan as exhaust. The motherboard temperature is around 34-41C. Is this enough? Or should I buy a decent AIO / Air Coolers?

My case has these fan slots: 3 x 120mm (Front), 2 x 120mm (Top), 1 x 120mm (Rear, Installed)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2019, 07:02 AM   #2
Windows Tech Team
Hardware Tech Team

IMO looks good, if the environmental temps are a little high, then internal temps can increase, unless the room has A/C...

You'll have to read up on positive and negative ariflow, and alignment of fans itself is an art to ensure heat dissipation is in the right direction..

Old 05-08-2019, 07:06 AM   #3
Registered Member

My System

I see. Therefore, I only need to fill up the remaining fan slots to improve the circulation of air inside the case, right? This is so because, at this moment, I only have installed one (1) 120mm Fan in the case, which is the rear exhaust.

Is DeepCool XFan 120L/R 120mm worth buying?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2019, 07:09 AM   #4
Registered Member

My System

Sir, I just want to clarify things.

I have this MoBo, MSI B250M Mortar Arctic which supports up to 2400 MHz RAM, and i7-7700 which also supports up to 2400 MHz. Now, if I will get a RAM which is advertised at 2666 MHz, it will run only at 2400 MHz?
Old 05-08-2019, 07:33 AM   #5
Windows Tech Team
Hardware Tech Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtechnouser View Post

Is DeepCool XFan 120L/R 120mm worth buying?
Adding fans might not exactly be the right way to go.. we need to the make of the tower and the direction in which the airflow is... Inside to outside or outside to inside.. and where the fan is placed in the tower..

Quote:
Sir, I just want to clarify things.

I have this MoBo, MSI B250M Mortar Arctic which supports up to 2400 MHz RAM, and i7-7700 which also supports up to 2400 MHz. Now, if I will get a RAM which is advertised at 2666 MHz, it will run only at 2400 MHz?
Yes, assuming you're talking about DDR4, it will limit the speed at 2400, sometimes it might not boot at all, I've seen instances such as this... Best is to go with the max recommended speed advertised for your board..

Old 05-08-2019, 07:36 AM   #6
Registered Member

My System

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristar View Post
Adding fans might not exactly be the right way to go.. we need to the make of the tower and the direction in which the airflow is... Inside to outside or outside to inside.. and where the fan is placed in the tower..

Yes, assuming you're talking about DDR4, it will limit the speed at 2400, sometimes it might not boot at all, I've seen instances such as this... Best is to go with the max recommended speed advertised for your board..
Therefore sir,the best way is to play safe buying a memory stick which has only 2400 MHz advertised speed?
Old 05-08-2019, 07:38 AM   #7
Registered Member

My System

Is this the best setup of airflow for my case?

3 x 120mm Fan (Intake, Front)
2 x 120mm Fan (Exhaust, Top)
1 x 120mm Fan (Exhaust, Rear)
Old 05-08-2019, 07:41 AM   #8
Windows Tech Team
Hardware Tech Team

2400 is the right number to go with..

Seems overkill to me....

Front fan needs to be placed in front of the WD hard drive and SSD..

Is there an option for a side case fan ?

Does your GFX card have it's exhaust at the rear of the case or the side panel ?

Old 05-08-2019, 07:44 AM   #9
Registered Member

My System

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristar View Post
2400 is the right number to go with..

Seems overkill to me....

Front fan needs to be placed in front of the WD hard drive and SSD..

Is there an option for a side case fan ?

Does your GFX card have it's exhaust at the rear of the case or the side panel ?
There is no option for side case fan sir, the side panel is tempered glass. With regards to the graphics card, I think the exhaust will go inside the case with little exhaust at the rear. (GTX 1050 Ti Gaming X)
Old 05-08-2019, 08:21 AM   #10
Windows Tech Team
Hardware Tech Team

Do you have an option for a fan placement in the lower end of the rear of the case ?

Old 05-08-2019, 08:42 AM   #11
Registered Member

My System

No sir, the case doesn't have.

It is Huntkey GX600H
Old 05-08-2019, 09:05 AM   #12
Windows Tech Team
Hardware Tech Team

Then use 1 fan at the front (top) for the Disks another fan at the front (mid/bottom) depending on where your GFX card is placed (both intake make sure air flows into the case)and 1 fan at the top side (exhaust), towards the rear end (sort of at right angle to the CPU fan, in line) and where is the placement of the rear fan ? if it's at the top you can add that as exhaust..

Old 05-15-2019, 07:57 AM   #13
TSF Moderator
Hardware Team
Networking Team

OS: W10P64; W7U64; W7P64; XPP32; Zorin; Slax; Ubuntu; Kali (BackTrack); Android 6.01

Quote:
No sir, the case doesn't have.

It is Huntkey GX600H
According to some of the pics I'm seeing of the case on Google Images here:

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...3DAmJunbrL__M:

it has three fans in the front, two on top and one on the back. And that back one could be a liquid-cooled radiator for the CPU.
vanukuru.vinod likes this.
Old 05-15-2019, 08:25 AM   #14
Registered Member

My System

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpywareDr View Post
According to some of the pics I'm seeing of the case on Google Images here:

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...3DAmJunbrL__M:

it has three fans in the front, two on top and one on the back. And that back one could be a liquid-cooled radiator for the CPU.
A little bit weird sir, I bought a DeepCool Gammaxx 400 (4 Heat Pipes) and it idles around 42C. Does this mean, the CoolerMaster T2 Mini performs well with two heatpipes?
Old 05-15-2019, 08:51 AM   #15
TSF Moderator
Hardware Team
Networking Team

OS: W10P64; W7U64; W7P64; XPP32; Zorin; Slax; Ubuntu; Kali (BackTrack); Android 6.01

Sorry about the confusion. What I meant was, the pictures of your Huntkey GX600H case that I'm seeing on Google Images show a total of FIVE huge fans! That should be more than enough to move massive amounts of (ambient temperature) air through the front of the case (three fans) and then pulling the heat up (two fans) and out the back (one fan). And, the one in the back could be a liquid-cooled radiator pump for the CPU.

That being said though, if the ambient room temperature is say 95F, you are going to have a heck of time trying to get the temperatures inside of the computer case lower than that ... without spending a lot of time, energy and money.
Old 05-16-2019, 12:18 AM   #16
Registered Member

My System

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpywareDr View Post
Sorry about the confusion. What I meant was, the pictures of your Huntkey GX600H case that I'm seeing on Google Images show a total of FIVE huge fans! That should be more than enough to move massive amounts of (ambient temperature) air through the front of the case (three fans) and then pulling the heat up (two fans) and out the back (one fan). And, the one in the back could be a liquid-cooled radiator pump for the CPU.

That being said though, if the ambient room temperature is say 95F, you are going to have a heck of time trying to get the temperatures inside of the computer case lower than that ... without spending a lot of time, energy and money.
Sir, is there a significant temperature change if I mount the CPU Air Cooler tower with airflow going upwards rather than the rear?
Old 05-16-2019, 07:23 AM   #17
TSF Moderator
Hardware Team
Networking Team

Hmmm, probably not. Try flipping the computer face down and let it run for a while then check the temps. Let us know ...
Old 05-16-2019, 05:09 PM   #18
Team Manager - Hardware
Acting Manager, Security Center

My System

I think fan usage is a matter of personal opinion but a front fan sucking air in and an exhaust rear fan taking air out I believe is the best way to go. I see top fans and side fans as working counter to good air flow as they interrupt the sweep through and a side fan or top fan can easily mess with the cpu fan actually causing a heat issue in rare cases because the cpu fan can be interfered with by either of those so personally I never use anything but front and back.

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and more effectively.
Closed Thread