Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Help! No sound!

1K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  immars 
#1 ·
I just built my computer and i am getting no sound. I am using the nvidia nforce 4 mother board. And i have ac'97 drivers installed and updated. I was told by someone that it could be the jumpers.

#2 ·
Hi,

Go to Start, Control Panel, System, Hardware, Device Manager and see if there are any little red or yellow marks by your sound area and report back. Did you remember to load the drivers from the motherboard disk? Did you remember to double check the way your front panel header sound wires are hooked? Did you remember to connect the sound cable from your CDRom to your motherboard?

Feel free to ask questions and let us know how it is going with checking these items.

#3 ·
Well i checked my device manager and there were no marks at all. It says that everyting is working fine. The cd drive is connected correctly. Im sure everything is connected correctly. And yes i have loaded every driver from the motherboard CD.

#4 ·
Well firstly this should really go in the sound cards section.

Secondly, how are you connecting to the sound card? from jacks on the front of the PC or the jacks at the back mounted on the motherboard?

Can I assume you have correctly connected the Audio header to the motherboard? I believe this may be the jumpers that "Someone" may be referring to.

#5 ·
I do not have a seperate sound card. My sound is coming from my mother board. My freind told me is could be the jumpers on the mother board. I have the little black pieces stored away. I just dont know whether to mess around with the jumpers or see if the problem can be fixed some other way.

#8 · (Edited)
I am usning a typical audio cord. Right now i have no speakers I am using the aux on my stereo. I use the line in for the stereo and the connect the cord to the line out on my computer. It worked on my previous PC. I returned my speakers with the Best buy plan and i am waiting for a voucher so i can purchase a new set. But yeah i am using my stereo for now.

#9 ·
:4-thatsba you still haven't answered the questions below:sayno:

Secondly, how are you connecting to the sound card? from jacks on the front of the PC or the jacks at the back mounted on the motherboard?

Can I assume you have correctly connected the Audio header to the motherboard? I believe this may be the jumpers that "Someone" may be referring to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.