Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU

User Tag List

Help... ASUS P4PE-X Bios

This is a discussion on Help... ASUS P4PE-X Bios within the Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi guys, this is the first time i post here. I seriously need help My mother board is ASUS P4PE-X,

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2004, 07:41 AM   #1

Hi guys, this is the first time i post here.
I seriously need help
My mother board is ASUS P4PE-X, i try to flash the bios the other day but some how it fail. I guess it was erase or over written with something else. Anyway the prolem now is my comp can't set up at all. Monitor screen was blank, no keyboard light ( so i guess no keyboard) CDRom light was blinking but can't do much.

I try to reset CMOS like the instructions in the previous post but it doesn't work. Anyone can help me?

I call the vendor they say need one month to get back my mobo after service.

p/s: i heard a method of hot swap bios but the problem here is i can't find the bios chip for this mobo. anyone know?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2004, 02:27 PM   #2
dai
TSF Team, Emeritus

look in your manual on how to restore the original bios from your m/b setup cd

Old 09-23-2004, 10:52 PM   #3
TSF Security Team, Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to MicroBell Send a message via MSN to MicroBell
Correct..that board supports ASUS CrashFree BIOS 2. Whenever BIOS gets corrupted, ASUS CrashFree BIOS 2 allows users to reboot the computer and perform an smart auto-recovery procedure through the motherboard support CD. The procedure should be in your manual or on the web site. Hotswaping is using the bios chip from another board to boot your PC..and then replaceing it with your corrupt bios to flash while the PC is powered.

You can obtain new bios chips here..
https://www.biosworld.com/ and here https://www.biosman.com/ but this should not be needed since you have a recovery option.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2004, 11:44 AM   #4

but for my case, there is no monitor signal at all.
can't see anything running ( or maybe nothingis running at all).

i found the Bios to be the type PPLC, but did figure out which tool to extract it out yet. I plan to do hot swap but dunno whether BIOS of other board like ASUS P4P800 work or not
Closed Thread