Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Has my Mobo gone bad?

958 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Deleted090308 
#1 ·
Ok, I had my wife's eMachine hooked up in our home office and everything was working great with it. My sister came up for a week and I unhooked the e-Machine and put it in the closet so she could hook up her pc to the flat screen monitor (and not mess with any of my files). When my sister left I hooked the e-Machine back up and powered it on but the monitor displayed "No Input Signal". I checked the video cable connection and all was good. Powered the e-Machine back on again with the same result. I then disconnected the e-Machine and hooked up an old spare pc I had laying around and I could see it booting fine, so I know it's not the monitor. I then thought it must be the video card so I popped open the e-Machine's case and found that the video card is integrated into the Motherboard. I then thought well, if it's just the video then I can hook the e-Machine back up, boot it (even though I can't see what's going on mind you) and when windows comes on I can access the e-Machine's shared files over the network from my laptop. I proceeded to try do so but the e-Machine was not found on the network as it usually is (which leads me to believe it's not booting the OS at all). I went back to the e-Machine to watch the hard drive activity light during what should be the boot up cycle but it only flickers for about 10 seconds and then stops all together (it normally flickers for aproximately 3-4 minutes).

What do you all think... has my motherboard gone bad or should I try something else first?

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.