Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU

User Tag List

Has my Mobo gone bad?

This is a discussion on Has my Mobo gone bad? within the Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Ok, I had my wife's eMachine hooked up in our home office and everything was working great with it. My

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 07:08 AM   #1

Ok, I had my wife's eMachine hooked up in our home office and everything was working great with it. My sister came up for a week and I unhooked the e-Machine and put it in the closet so she could hook up her pc to the flat screen monitor (and not mess with any of my files). When my sister left I hooked the e-Machine back up and powered it on but the monitor displayed "No Input Signal". I checked the video cable connection and all was good. Powered the e-Machine back on again with the same result. I then disconnected the e-Machine and hooked up an old spare pc I had laying around and I could see it booting fine, so I know it's not the monitor. I then thought it must be the video card so I popped open the e-Machine's case and found that the video card is integrated into the Motherboard. I then thought well, if it's just the video then I can hook the e-Machine back up, boot it (even though I can't see what's going on mind you) and when windows comes on I can access the e-Machine's shared files over the network from my laptop. I proceeded to try do so but the e-Machine was not found on the network as it usually is (which leads me to believe it's not booting the OS at all). I went back to the e-Machine to watch the hard drive activity light during what should be the boot up cycle but it only flickers for about 10 seconds and then stops all together (it normally flickers for aproximately 3-4 minutes).

What do you all think... has my motherboard gone bad or should I try something else first?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2007, 08:46 AM   #2

Hi and welcome to TSF

Please check all the cables/connections inside the case.
Reseat the RAM.
What happens when you start the computer? Are all fans spinning etc?
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New mobo and now my CPU won't run proberly
Since my old mobo fried a week ago I just bought an AsRock K7NF2-RAID, the new mobo here works fine except that I can't figure out why my Athlon XP 2800+ CPU refuses to run proberly on it, it outta run 2.0 GHZ but it seems that something goes wrong... if I set up the FSB on the mobo to run 266MHZ...
x3m Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU 6 12-16-2006 01:34 AM
Homebuilt PC won't allow ANY load of ANY OS...mobo problem? RAM?
Ok here's a quick background.... This PC was originally built by me in 2002 with an Abit NF7-S and an old AMD Barton 2500+.... i had a problem with the mobo recently so i decided to upgrade. I got a new Biostar TForce 550 GF550 AM2 mobo & AMD A64 X2 4200+ (2x512k) CPU combo buy from Newegg......
ABTsportsline Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU 7 10-04-2006 01:05 PM
Best mobo for best cheap AMD CPU?
Well, whats the best mobo, with all the gadgets and fairly cheap, for the best AMD cpu, fairly cheap? Mobo price range $60-80; AMD price... meh... just make sure it past 3.0 ghz FOR REAL, not that fake 3400+ crap, because i already have a 2.0ghz 2400+ XP AMD athlon. I dont care much for 64 bit, but...
thunderraiden Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU 12 05-13-2006 10:06 AM
No beeps, bad mobo?
Currently connected Mobo: DFI AD75 Via Socket A ATX Motherboard CPU: amd athlon 2000+ PSU:Antec SL400 400W Was having problem with my video card/drivers today so went thru re-installing them, afterwards I rebooted my system for changes to take effect. After reboot i got thru bios screen and...
justshootme Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU 3 12-08-2005 07:11 AM
out of ideas, mobo dead? wont load os
Ive been trying to get my athlon 64 3200+ for about a week now with to no avail. i dont know what else to do. i used to have a p3, and i have a brand new 120gb hdd with win xp loaded on it. im just trying to switch mobo and processor. the mobo is an AMD reference board. right now im using...
tuminator Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU 6 07-13-2004 11:21 AM