Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios & CPU

User Tag List

Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro odd cold boot behaviour

This is a discussion on Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro odd cold boot behaviour within the Motherboards, Bios & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I currently have the board above and when booted from cold it powers on with no post for about 35

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2019, 04:56 AM   #1
Registered Member

I currently have the board above and when booted from cold it powers on with no post for about 35 seconds then powers down then on again then boots normally. Is this normal Behaviour? I have just been on the phone to Gigabyte and they tried it with an Aorus master but it didn't behave the same.

is this normal or should I send it back? Everything else appears fine.

I have thus far tried multiple bios versions disabled all overclocking features but it always does this from a powered off mains state.

Can anyone shed any light on why it may be doing this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2019, 05:27 AM   #2
Registered Member

System spec is

i9900k, 4 x 8gb kingston 2400mhz ram. asus 980 ti & seasonic 860w platinum psu.
Old 01-24-2019, 07:09 PM   #3
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Team Moderator
Articles Team Manager
Hardware Team Moderator

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

I have never experienced such on a Gigabyte board. What was the outcome from Gigabyte on the issue?

My recommendation is to ask for a replacement board.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2019, 04:55 AM   #4
Registered Member

My guess is, after owning a few Gigabyte boards. Check if this has model dual bios. As this is how it acts if the first main biols is corrupted it powers off and boots to the backup bios.

There are guides on how to copy the good backup bios to the main bios to recover it. which If it is this issue, I would recommend you do. As I have had a couple of Gigabyte boards that get into a never ending loop if the backup bios gets corrupted too and there is no way to fix it after that.

*Edit* Just looked on Gigabytes website and it is dual bios. Honestly, if I had 100 to bet on the issue. I would put it all on the bios being corrupted and it switching to the other.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Win Server 2008 R2 BSOD's -- bad hardware?
I'm kind of at a loss. This server as been running ok now for 6 months but after moving it I am having all sorts of problems. Looking for pointers on how to troubleshoot and/or narrow down the source of the error.
bproven BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 5 09-15-2012 07:12 AM
[SOLVED] New build - some help needed
Hello again! I decided to make a new build soon in the future, but I need you to help me decide what parts to choose, will they fit together and so on (I don't know a lot about hardware, basics yeah, but, you know). Here are my answers to those stickied questions: Budget: Well, prices here...
neko_ceko Building 19 09-08-2012 04:36 AM
BSOD on win7
Hi I have been suffering from this problem for 3 months and I hope to find a solution here. OS: win 7 x64 bit age of system (hardware): 3 years CPU: intel core 2 due 3gz/6 mb cash VGA: ATI 5750 gigabyte Motherboard: gigabyte p45 DDR3 Power Supply: FSP saga +450 wtt I've attached the...
D I M M U 666 BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 2 01-19-2012 05:12 PM
[SOLVED] Blue Screen when playing games
Hi guys, my computer's about 2 years old, and every time I play a game installed on my hard drive, my computer has always been blue screening. I didn't bother to fix it because I had no time for games because of school. Now, I had just finished installing Champions Online, and started playing. Blue...
telekinoble BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 21 05-09-2011 01:56 AM
Abit AA8XE - 3rd Eye - Intermittent Cold Boot - Post Code 9.0
Hi, Hope that somebody can assist me with this frustrating issue which continues to perplex my limited computer system knowledge :xolconfus To offer brief background this system was my primary PC until Jan 2010 prior to replacement with a custom built i7 system. Prior to this new setup I was...
pcpilot Motherboards, Bios & CPU 14 01-26-2011 02:44 AM