Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios & CPU

User Tag List

GB Z170x-Gaming 3 mobo and compatible cpu upgrades.

This is a discussion on GB Z170x-Gaming 3 mobo and compatible cpu upgrades. within the Motherboards, Bios & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, I have an older Gigabyte Z170x-Gaming 3 mobo with an OC'd i5 6600k @ 4.5ghz, EVO air cooler. I'm

Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2018, 02:34 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi,
I have an older Gigabyte Z170x-Gaming 3 mobo with an OC'd i5 6600k @ 4.5ghz, EVO air cooler. I'm wanting to know the best gaming only cpu this board would support. I am positive the 17 7700k will work. (I have Bios F22d.) My current cpu is a 4 core design and I am getting bottleneck at the cpu playing BF V. I am using a GTX-1080 gfx card with 32gb of Dual Channel DDR4. My real concern is will an i7 with 4 cores improve my play worth $325+? Or are there more cpu's with more cores at a slower spd that would be better suited for my purpose? I have looked at seemingly 100 google search's worth of info and am just lost rn. Thx, Walt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2018, 07:39 PM   #2
Team Manager - Networking
Moderator - Hardware

My System

Likely not a cpu issue, at least not from what I was reading. NUMEROUS people, even with highend gear, are reporting the same issue with this game. Check out the Battlefield forums.

Most likely an issue with the game itself, but I've seen other random fixes for some people like a fresh install of Win10.

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SOLVED] Advice on a CPU compatible with my MoBo
Hi guys, My Pc was originally a Dell XPS 8300. Everything in it has been upgraded now except the Mobo and CPU. To keep costs down i would really like to be able to just upgrade the CPU for now and worry about MoBo later but after a bit of reading, i have heard of restrictions as to what CPU's i...
tippeetom Motherboards, Bios & CPU 2 09-02-2015 08:07 AM
Replacing the CPU and/or mobo
Hello people! So I need some help replacing the CPU for my computer, but Im not too sure about the mobo and what is compatible with it. So a while back I bought the HP Z400 Workstation, but since then I've replaced most of the parts. The only original parts now is the chassi, mobo and the...
Wicksell Building 8 01-31-2015 06:18 AM
BSOD Problem
Hi , Im getting this BSOD from few months. Pls help. 1. Windows 7 Ultimate 2. x86 3. Windows 7 Home 4. not OEM 5. 2 years 6 2 years Sony Vaio VPCEA1S1E
Bonehard BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 6 10-01-2012 12:08 PM
vgn-n317 & general compatible cpu help
Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me, i have a vgn-n317 laptop with board mbx-160 that is failing to power on. I figured i have tested every component and figure it's either the cpu or mobo but after replacing the mobo twice i find it still has the same issue. now originally before...
ajax088 Laptop Support 2 08-09-2011 01:10 AM
mobo GA EX58 UD3R compatible memory
Hi there, i came up with idea to buy new memory for my PC. :D i'm using mobo GA EX58 UD3R. On its manual it say the max voltage for the memory should be 1.5v. GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1366 - GA-EX58-UD3R (rev. 1.0) yesterday i visit corsair.com and search compatible memory for my mobo...
Kacan63xisT Motherboards, Bios & CPU 2 03-10-2011 08:15 PM