Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU

User Tag List

Ga-k8ns Ultra 939 Help

This is a discussion on Ga-k8ns Ultra 939 Help within the Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I bought a Gigabyte GA-K8NS ULTRA 939 a couple weeks ago and put it in my case with an Antec

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2005, 08:03 PM   #1

Cry

I bought a Gigabyte GA-K8NS ULTRA 939 a couple weeks ago and put it in my case with an Antec 350-Watt psu. Booted up fine. Dropped in a 3gig hard drive, put xp on it and it ran fine. Several days later, bought a 80gig ide hard drive(which i'm planning to be my master), plugged it in was picked up by bios no problem. I went to work for the afternoon(did nothing in bios or anything, just shut it down), got home, decided to tie all the wires down to the case, make it look all nice and neat. Tried to boot up when i was done, and now all it does is turn on the ram light(no fans or anything else), made sure connections were good all around, tried again, nothing. Cleared cmos, and tried again, nothing. Today i took it out of the case checked psu wires, appear good, plugged it in and crossed the power pins, same, just the ram led, NOTHING ELSE. Took out battery, let it sit for recommend ten minutes, tried again still nothing. Haven't OCed or anything else. Any Ideas. Right now i'm desperate, I've done everything i can think of.

STATS:
GA-K8NS ULTRA 939
1 gig vdata ram(2x512)
3500+
PCI video
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2005, 03:58 AM   #2
mark3567

Hi,

Take out the new drive and use only one stick of ram and see if you get a different result.

Closed Thread