03-13-2012, 12:28 AM
Join Date: Mar 2012
OS: Windows 7 Homse edition 64 bit
Sorry for the bother, but I have a quite strange problem, with my PC.
Last week I upgraded my PC with these components
- Gigabyte Gv-N560OC 1GI GPU
- ASUS P8H61-M LX R3.0 S1155 Motherboard
- Intel Core i5 2500K 3,3 GHZ s1155 Processor
- Corsair Vengance 8 GB DD3 Kit
- Corsair CMPSU-600GEU 600 w PSU
What I still have from my old pc is:
- Western Digital 1 TB Black Caviar HDD Partitioned to one 50 GB drive for Win 7 and the rest for crap
- Samsung 250 GB HDD, I don't know the exact brand.
Everything was working fine, but there is a freezing that I can reproduce, and I don't really know the cause.
In case of Gaming (Skyrim, Mass Effect 3, GTA IV) I have found no problems, with ME3, I was able to play for 5 hours without any problems.
However, if I start BS Player, or Chrome, I get a total system freeze with looping sound, requireing a hard reset. I am using firefox without any problems, but starting a video still kills my PC.
I have K-Lite Codec pack installed, but had the problem before and after.
One more info: I didn't reinstall my windows 7, as it seemed to cope with the hardware changes.
As I said, I can reproduce the problem, every time I start a video, the PC will die approx 20 minutes later. Gaming is still not affected.
Windows event manager says a critical error at Kernel:Power
CPU temperatures with AIDA64 stressing don't go above 62-63°C.
Thanks for your time.