Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU

User Tag List

Floating Voltages

This is a discussion on Floating Voltages within the Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. hello y'all, I am trying to pinpoint the problem in my computer, because I want to overclock my rig. I

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 11:31 PM   #1

hello y'all,
I am trying to pinpoint the problem in my computer, because I want to overclock my rig.
I have a Biostar TForce 550 and an AMD Athlon 64 X2 Black Edition 5000+
now the problem is that when I set the voltage in the BIOS, such as 1.3 it posts as 1.361 or something and I double check the POST with Everest in windows. So I try setting it to 1.25 and it POSTs again at around 1.287

now, are these normal fluctuations? or is my board defective? my PSU too weak? (it came with my case, 600W thermaltake) any tips or advice would be great, thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2008, 06:40 AM   #2
Troubled

My System

Everest etc are not accurate. If you wish to make sure you are getting correct voltages, use a multimeter.
Old 03-15-2008, 11:52 AM   #3

how would i use a multimeter on my processor? i has like a hundred pins. Isn't the POST accurate?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2008, 12:35 PM   #4
Troubled

My System

you use it on the 12V rail. not the processor. most things these days run of the 12V rail. see a v+ droop, and your psu is not good enough. the atx connector has a 12v rail.
Closed Thread