Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios & CPU

User Tag List

ep-9npa+ultra motherboard power on issues.

This is a discussion on ep-9npa+ultra motherboard power on issues. within the Motherboards, Bios & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. well i have an older pc im building to take to a friends house so i have a pc to

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2018, 05:44 AM   #1
TSF Enthusiast

My System

well i have an older pc im building to take to a friends house so i have a pc to run when i stay there. it has an ep-9npa+ultra motherboard amd atholon 2.2 single core cpu and 2 gigs ram. the motherboard seems to have forgotten how to turn on. i can force it to turn on but not in any normal way. the power button on the front of the machine as well as the power button on the motherboard its self refuse to actually power the machine on but will shut it off after it is on without issues. now the only way i can get the thing to turn on is if i jump the green wire with any of the black wires on the main connector from the power supply to the motherboard. once i jump that wire the board will turn on and i can remove the jumper and it will remain on and run until i shut it down then the only way i can get it back on again is to jump that wire again. the thing runs fine while its on have no issues with it other than the powering on issue. what the heck is wrong with the board? is it fixable or is what i got the best i can get from it until it dies?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2018, 07:36 AM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

My System

well i cannot edit the post so heres a small clip added in. i installed a toggle switch between the green and black wires that jump the power supply to run.

Old 06-28-2018, 09:31 AM   #3
Administrator
Team Manager, Gaming
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
Team Manager, Hardware Team
Microsoft MVP

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

Do you have another PSU to test with?

It could mean the Power_Ok signal is not being received by the motherboard on Pin #8 > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_good_signal

Or it could mean a bad motherboard.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2018, 10:26 AM   #4
TSF Enthusiast

My System

i had tried 3 other power supplies before jumping the wires on the power supply to force it on. it has a power button on the motherboard as well witch acts the same as the front case button.
Old 06-28-2018, 02:04 PM   #5
Administrator
Team Manager, Gaming
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
Team Manager, Hardware Team
Microsoft MVP

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

If the Power Ok wire is going above 5v in time required then it's probably a failing/failed motherboard.
Closed Thread