Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios & CPU

User Tag List

Dell xps 8300 sound problem

This is a discussion on Dell xps 8300 sound problem within the Motherboards, Bios & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. No sound exit on my computer. I try the back panel and the front. Run the maintenance programs and nothing

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2019, 05:24 PM   #1
Registered Member

No sound exit on my computer. I try the back panel and the front. Run the maintenance programs and nothing comes up.
Any ideas??
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2019, 07:19 PM   #2
Team Manager - Networking
Moderator - Hardware

My System

Test the front and back panel ports.
Test using two different devices (for example, two sets of headphones).
Check the audio chipset status in Device Manager.

And of course the common sense items:

ensure the volume is turned up
ensure nothing is muted (especially whatever you are using to provide audio output)

Old 03-05-2019, 01:00 PM   #3
Registered Member

As JimE said test your ports. If still it doesn't solve your issue then you can get an internal or external sound card really cheap
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Redirecter in my win 8.1 sync settings or ???
Ok so for some time now malware bytes is blocking my metro/modern/etc IE of windows 8.1 from redirecting to androrat.xx.xx (put x's for safety but it's co.cc) and to ncrypt.xx (it started with ncrypt but today i saw the androrat one and - kinda forgot about this one but i do know it might be .in or...
Medicated Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 26 07-15-2015 07:04 PM
[SOLVED] Dell XPS 8300 motherboard and GTX 770 - compatibility issues?
Hello all. I have been planning to upgrade my Dell XPS 8300 with a new power supply, graphics card, and case. At this point, I have not decided to get a new motherboard, and use the one that was inside the 8300. This is the mobo: dell 0y2mrg specs For my graphicacs card, I have gone with GTX...
Bl1tzk1d Video Card Support 3 09-17-2013 06:26 AM
Dell XPS 8300, BSOD, freezing, amber light, crashes, save me!
Hey all. Im currently freaking out over my computers behavior of late. I think it started a week ago. I have windows 7 64 bit, dell xps 8300, dual screen monitor set up and it has been absolutely fine since i got it in i believe around early 2011. One day my computer froze twice after...
shezz150 BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 6 03-29-2013 09:51 PM
DAILY BSOD's FOR MONTHS-PLS. HELP!!
Hi Moderators: I've been having a BSOD problem with my Dell Studio540 desktop for months now and finally have some time to try and fix the problem. :banghead: It's my main computer and I use for business as well as personal. Per "JCGRIFF2"'s instructions on BSOD posting, here are the...
BIGBEARJEDI BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 1 03-03-2013 12:20 PM
Very strange no sound problem
Hello, I'm gonna try to keep this as sketched as possible. So, this is the problem: -I bought this HP 625 Notebook a while ago. It was new. -I installed all the drivers needed from this site: HP 625 Notebook PC*-* Download drivers and software - HP Business Support Center (It is the site...
Nizuto Windows XP Support 3 01-07-2012 02:47 AM