Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios & CPU

User Tag List

Daily crashing, weird booting

This is a discussion on Daily crashing, weird booting within the Motherboards, Bios & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Sorry if this is in the wrong place, I'm new... Anyway, I've had this computer for ~3 years now and

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2018, 02:57 PM   #1
Registered Member

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, I'm new...

Anyway, I've had this computer for ~3 years now and never really had any issues. I normally leave it powered on at all times, but didn't use it this last Saturday (8/11/18). I went upstairs to use it Sunday morning and found it had apparently crashed while I was away and was showing me the BIOS settings thing which I have never seen before in the 3 years I've had the PC.

I didn't want to make any changes, so I just hit save & exit, and tried to start the computer. It then took me to another screen I'd never seen before which read:

Checking for media presence.......
Media present......
Start PXE over IPv4

It stuck on that for like a minute before loading back into the bios menu. I tried turning the PC off/on from there and tried again. Still got the media presence message, but this time Windows finally did load.

Thinking the problem was solved, I stopped worrying and went about my day, but lo and behold when I went to my computer that evening it was back on the BIOS menu after apparently crashing again, and again as of this morning. Always seemingly when I'm not at the PC.

I'm very computer illiterate so I would appreciate any help at all in solving this problem. I'm starting to get really anxious. Sorry again if this is in the wrong place or if I broke any rules...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2018, 04:28 AM   #2
Windows Tech Team
Hardware Tech Team

You're looking at probably a CMOS battery issue.

Replace it, set up all the BIOS settings, save and exit.

Shutdown the computer completely for 10 minutes, start it back, does the problem occur ?

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Weird Crashing on PC (Desktop)
Hi, lately my PC used to get BSOD about "Memory Management" and also saying that an unauthorized change was made to the Operating System; however, that seemed to have fixed itself, especially after I cleaned the huge amount of dust in my case and fan. There is another major problem that remains...
Johnosaurf BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 7 09-13-2011 05:53 PM
Windows 7 New PC Weird Crashing Issues...
Hi All, Never experienced stuff like this before. I am sure somehow maybe it is hardware related but I have replaced the drive as well as doing a full MEMTEST with no issues at all. Random crashing of installations as well as just over all temperamental behavior, is what I am experiencing. ...
tweeker404 BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 3 09-12-2011 01:04 AM
weird booting problems.
Hey guys, my notebook has become really annoying lately. I have a Compaq Presario CQ61. here are the specs. The cpu is a AMD Athlon II M320 2.1GHz dual core... 4gb ddr2 ram radeon 4300 320gb sata II Alright so it boots normally after i put the windows 7 dvd in and do startup repair, and...
peronigood Laptop Support 1 06-13-2011 05:44 AM
Computer is crashing in a weird way.
Okay, I just got my computer back from a friend who built it, the original problem was if my computer is bumped or for no reason at all, the screen will suddenly go black and my computer will make a slow "beeeeeep...beeeeeeep...beeeeeeeep" 5-9 times before the beeping stops. Once in a while a...
Humility Motherboards, Bios & CPU 5 02-28-2011 04:05 PM
Computer Crashing Issues & Weird Graphics
Hello Sony Vaio VGN-AR71M OS: Win Vista Home Premium 32 Bit Service Pack 2 CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T8100 Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology 2.10GHZ Memory: 4GB/Go DDR2 SRAM Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GT GPU
frednorris Video Card Support 9 02-25-2011 10:21 PM