Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios & CPU

User Tag List

Cursor Lagging On Win 10 Acer Notebook

This is a discussion on Cursor Lagging On Win 10 Acer Notebook within the Motherboards, Bios & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, I have just recently been given an Acer Aspire V5-122P-0647 Touch Notebook. It was originally a Win 8, but

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By SpywareDr
  • 3 Post By Corday
Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2018, 08:15 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi, I have just recently been given an Acer Aspire V5-122P-0647 Touch Notebook. It was originally a Win 8, but was upgraded to a Win 10 by the original owner. After I got it and seen how awful the mouse, touch pad was working, I used factory reset to see if that would help. It did nothing to alleviate the problem. I'm not sure if it is a mouse problem, or something worse, like a cpu that just can't keep up with my mouse movements. I have used a usb mouse to see if that helps, but it really doesn't make much difference.

500 GB HDD
AMD Dual Core Processor A4-1250 (1.0 GHz)
4 GB DDR3 L Memory (2 GB installed and 2 soldered)
3 cell Li-ion battery

Not sure what other information you may need, but hopefully there is some hope for this little laptop, it isn't that old, and it would be a shame to not be able to use it.

Thanks in advance
computersrkool
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2018, 10:02 AM   #2
TSF Moderator
Hardware Team
Networking Team

OS: W10P64 10.0.19041.264; W7U64; W7P64; XPP32; Zorin; Slax; Ubuntu; Kali (BackTrack); Android 6.01

The first problem is that under powered CPU: https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=AMD+A4-1250+APU&id=1970

Replacing the 500 GB hard drive with a SSD would make it seem a bit snappier. Don't know if it's worth it though.
Old 10-26-2018, 11:26 AM   #3
Team Manager - Hardware
Acting Manager, Security Center

My System

Yes really low quality processor double the memory and add ssd drive but it still may not please you over time.

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and more effectively.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2018, 10:23 AM   #4
Registered Member

Thanks so much both of you for your quick responses and for sending me to the link for the cpu benchmark results. Wow, so why would acer sell a notebook laptop with that poor of a cpu. My thought is that the laptop is so thin that they were worried it would overheat with a more powerful cpu, but I really don't know much about cpu's so I could be totally off on this thought. Is there a better cpu that could be put in it, to make it work better or do the 2 of you think that this is just a lost cause?
Actually I did some checking and noticed someone else asking the same question about a similar Acer, and the answer was that the cpu could not be upgraded because it was soldered to the mb. Do you think that is the case with my cpu?

Thanks
computersrkool
Old 10-27-2018, 12:01 PM   #5
Team Manager - Hardware

My System

Most of what I read said this is a stamped processor which means it is welded and I noticed 2 Gb ram also welded to the motherboard which is why it will only go to 6 Gb ram. The only thing you can do is change thew 2 gb memory stick that is removable to 4 and swap in an ssd drive but I suspect before long the processor will wear out your patience. This reminds me of the netbooks many of us tried so hard to get some speed out of and failed miserably of course ssd drives were not around when the netbook was popular. We gave those to anyone who would take them also but few used them for long.

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and more effectively.
Old 10-27-2018, 12:53 PM   #6
TSF Moderator
Hardware Team
Networking Team

OS: W10P64 10.0.19041.264; W7U64; W7P64; XPP32; Zorin; Slax; Ubuntu; Kali (BackTrack); Android 6.01

Quote:
Originally Posted by computersrkool View Post

... so why would acer sell a notebook laptop with that poor of a cpu.
When customers keep insisting on purchasing the cheapest thing available, the suppliers must figure out a way to give us what we want but still make enough money to stay in business.
Rich-M likes this.
Old 10-27-2018, 03:39 PM   #7
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

When in the market again, which will probably be soon, start a thread on this site explaining how you use your computer and we'll steer you in a good direction at a reasonable price.

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Old 10-29-2018, 08:25 PM   #8
Registered Member

Hi everyone, (all who offered help, information, advice) to me about this lagging Acer laptop. I just wanted to thanks all of you for your help advice etc. I have decided, that after hearing all you have to say that this laptop is not worth my time and effort. I was really hoping for a miracle cure, some little thing that would miraculously fix it, but it sounds like it needs some money to be spent on it, and even if I do that, it may not improve enough to be worth it.

Thanks so much and I will mark this thread as being solved
computersrkool
Old 10-30-2018, 05:56 PM   #9
Troubled

Before you give up, try
1st rolling back the driver to a previous version
2nd Installing a previous build of Windows 10.
I have a Dell laptop which was giving me the same issue with the mouse and touch-pad. It worked fine with Windows 10 build 1709 but very erratic with 1803. I tried several mouse units which I knew worked fine in any of my other computers but they all had the erratic movement in this Dell (freezes while moving across the screen).
My Dell has an AMD Cpu and a logitech pad. I have written to both companies about the issue but I have not had a response yet. At the moment it is working and as long as I don't update either the driver or Windows, i'm OK.
Old 10-31-2018, 07:41 PM   #10
Registered Member

Thanks JGenterpress for your ray of hope, I was really ready to give up, but your problem sounds a lot like mine, so I'm definitely willing to give your suggestions a try. So you first suggested rolling back the driver, is that the mouse pad driver, the ELAN driver, or what. Also how do I pick which build of Win 10, to install. I do not have a Win 10 disk, or even a download of it. This laptop came already upgraded to Win 10 from Win 8, I just did a Factory reset of the laptop.

Thank you in advance
computersrkool
Old 11-01-2018, 09:18 AM   #11
Team Manager - Hardware

My System

Anyone can download a Windows 10 disk, latest version called Media Creator Dvd from here:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10
Use "Download tool now" box

Old 11-04-2018, 07:48 PM   #12
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGENTERPRISES View Post
Before you give up, try
1st rolling back the driver to a previous version
2nd Installing a previous build of Windows 10.
I have a Dell laptop which was giving me the same issue with the mouse and touch-pad. It worked fine with Windows 10 build 1709 but very erratic with 1803. I tried several mouse units which I knew worked fine in any of my other computers but they all had the erratic movement in this Dell (freezes while moving across the screen).
My Dell has an AMD Cpu and a logitech pad. I have written to both companies about the issue but I have not had a response yet. At the moment it is working and as long as I don't update either the driver or Windows, i'm OK.
Hi, I have finally checked to see what my windows 10 version is, and it is version 1709, so do you think that another version would be better, and if so which should I try, and how do I go about choosing the different builds of Windows 10 to download. I have gone to the website that was suggested, but can't see anyway to choose which build you want?

Thanks again in advance
computersrkool
Old 11-05-2018, 05:38 AM   #13
Team Manager - Hardware

My System

You can't choose older versions there it only gives you current version which right now is 1803 but that is what you should always use anyway and of course you should do it.

Old 11-07-2018, 02:06 PM   #14
Registered Member

OK thanks for letting me know, I will that and see if the different version helps solve the issues.

I am crossing my fingers, and will let you know how it goes.

Thanks again
computersrkool
Old 11-10-2018, 06:10 PM   #15
Registered Member

Sorry for taking so long to get back with my results, I was kind of waiting to see if it would get any better over time, but no such luck. I think that it may be even worse, tonight I am having trouble typing, I have to wait for my letters to come up, not constantly but definitely more than before.

Anyway, thanks everyone for all your help and suggestions, I have decided to give up on this little laptop, and put this thread to rest.

Thanks again
computersrkool
Old 11-11-2018, 07:25 AM   #16
TSF Moderator
Hardware Team
Networking Team

You're welcome.
Closed Thread