User Tag List

Curiosity

This is a discussion on Curiosity within the Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hey everyone. I am new here and I just want to know if someone can answer me. I'm working with

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2012, 06:01 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hey everyone. I am new here and I just want to know if someone can answer me. I'm working with pcs everyday and most of them are motherboard caps soldering.

Most of the times I always came up with no OS found. I tried everything to fix the problem from HDD replacement, IDE cables, changing jumper resetting the BIOS and having a second look with the motherboard. All these things didn't solved the problem. The only thing that solve the problem waswhen I replaced the DVD rom. What's so weird was that the old DVD rom I replaced with was actually a working one. Anyone got ideas why is it so?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2012, 06:32 AM   #2
Emeritus

Have you tried reinstalling the old optical drive?
Are all IDE jumpers set to CS (Cable Select)?

Old 11-04-2012, 08:10 AM   #3
Registered Member

What do you mean reinstalling the old optical drive?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2012, 08:22 AM   #4
Registered Member

I tried every possible way that the no OS found can be fixed even setting the jumpers into cable select etc. what I wanted to know is the physic behind why when I replaced the DVD rom it actually fixed the problem.. No OS found is usually cause by HDD failure, mobo, jumpers settings . What confuses me more is that the old DVD rom is actually working.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:16 AM   #5
Team Manager - Hardware
Acting Manager, Security Center

My System

My guess is there is a bad wire somewhere that you touched in replacing the drive and temporarily caused activating because you are right in no way could that message have referred to the dvd drive.
I think I would replace the data cable to the drive and also try another plug from the psu. Of course it is also possible that one or the other was partially loose and in doing what you did you actually pushed a plug back in too.

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and more effectively.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:17 AM   #6
Emeritus

Optical drive = DVD-ROM

Old 11-04-2012, 10:20 AM   #7
Team Manager - Hardware
Acting Manager, Security Center

My System

Oh I just reread this and see you did try replacing cables but it still could be the way you bent the cable was affected when you installed the dvd drive....and it could be something as stupid as a cat hair laying across a stick of ram that got blown off as you switched the dvd drive too.

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and more effectively.
Closed Thread