Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU

User Tag List

CPU Usage for "Windowed" Applications.

This is a discussion on CPU Usage for "Windowed" Applications. within the Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi there, I'm posting here as a last resort, to see if anyone has any thoughts. I recently reformatted my

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 09:11 PM   #1

Mistake

Hi there, I'm posting here as a last resort, to see if anyone has any thoughts.

I recently reformatted my hardrive because I bought a new computer, and a direct hardrive swap (without a reformat) was just getting too frusterating.

The problem was found when trying to run World of Warcraft in "Windowed/Maximized" Mode. A fullscreen mode that still acts as a windowed application, allowing me to use both monitors while in game. However, the problem itself, I don't think is with WoW.

Everything worked normally *before* the reformat. This only started occuring after. The problem is this:

In normal (not windowed mode), WoW is treated properly as a full-screen application. When I minimize and focus on another app, the CPU usage for WoW in task manager is correctly lowered. BUT, post-format, when WoW is running in Windowed/Maximized mode, the CPU usage is not regulated, when I focus on another application, and it stays the same as if WoW was still the focus. This causes my entire system to start lagging.

Does anyone know how I can get my processor to properly regulate games/applications run in a windowed mode like that again?

Hopefully I've explained my problem well enough.

My system specs in a nutshell:

Core2Duo 2.13ghz processor
ATI Radeon X1550 256mb video card
2gb ram

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2007, 10:41 PM   #2

Hello have you tried using a forced Method of Minimized Gaming?

Using a program called DXwnd. Download Here
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Usb 2.0 trouble again
Hi, i have created a similar post to this, however, things on my pc have changed since then. At the moment, my usb 2.0 drives arnt working correctly, i get the generic message saying "ure usb device can run faster etc" i have freshly installed SP2 and my motherboard is an Asus P4S800MX-SE
steviedee Driver Support 25 12-16-2006 11:37 PM
CPU Usage constantly @ 45-65% When Idle
First, here are my system specs: Dell Dimension 4600 (Intel 865 Chipset Motherboard & 430W Power Supply) Intel P4 2.8Ghz w/ HT (800Mhz FSB) 2GB DDR PC3200 400Mhz RAM 80GB 7200RPM Hard Drive BFG 7800GS OC 256MB AGP Video Card Creative Live! 5.1 Sound Card Let me preface the problem I'm...
Korama Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU 4 11-20-2006 05:41 AM
Why, oh why is my CPU usage so HIGH?!
I'm trying to figure out what's going on with my PC. It seems the CPU usage is WAY higher than it should be. I've been investigating, but can't figure it out. When I look at the CPU usage chart (or the little task manager CPU usage indicator in the system tray), the usage is way high. Close...
Quimbly Windows XP Support 2 08-09-2006 11:56 PM
100% CPU Usage - Possible Damage?
During the DVD encoding, my CPU usage is peaked at 100%.The process can take a minimum 30 minutes to a maximum 2 hours. I am concerned that the CPU will be damaged and lead to a meltdown (I've read it somewhere). The AMD Athlon 1.2ghz CPU is using the stock fan that came along. 1) How long...
iKwak Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU 3 09-06-2004 04:13 PM
cpu usage 100% solved, but new problem
ok, i finally figured out why cpu usage was constantly at 100%. it was due to the usb root hubs that caused the system to eat up all the process resources. so to fix the cpu usage problem i disabled the usb root hubs and now cpu usage is a good healthy below 10%. But, now usb doesnt work because...
abcd Windows XP Support 1 08-25-2004 04:51 PM