Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios & CPU

User Tag List

CPU Temperature @ 50C / System Temperature 40C

This is a discussion on CPU Temperature @ 50C / System Temperature 40C within the Motherboards, Bios & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Good day TSF! I just want to ask if this is normal or I failed to attach firmly the cooler

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2018, 11:38 PM   #1
Registered Member

My System

Send a message via Skype™ to xtechnouser

Good day TSF!

I just want to ask if this is normal or I failed to attach firmly the cooler to the processor.

i3-7100 @ 3.90 GHz
DeepCool Gammaxx 200T

Temp: 50C
System: 41C
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2018, 05:59 PM   #2
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Team Moderator
Articles Team Manager
Hardware Team Moderator

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

Is that idle temperatures? Those are a little high. Where are you getting those readings from?
Old 10-13-2018, 05:30 AM   #3
Registered Member

My System

Yes, that's the idle temperature. I am monitoring those temps via CoreTemp / MSI Command Center, and those apps were showing the same values.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2018, 03:05 PM   #4
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Team Moderator
Articles Team Manager
Hardware Team Moderator

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

What does the air flow look like in the case? How much thermal paste did you apply when placing the cooler?
Old 10-13-2018, 05:22 PM   #5
Registered Member

My System

I just used the pre-applied thermal paste with the DeepCool Gammaxx 200T. About airflow, I have 3 intake fans, 1 rear exhaust, and 2 top exhaust fans.
Old 10-14-2018, 05:09 AM   #6
TSF Moderator
Hardware Team

The Tjunction temp is 100įF, so it's well with in it's limits.

Most of us builders never use the pre applied thermal paste. We always opt for our favorite brand. Mine is Artic Silver. So I would get some new thermal paste.

Then I would pull the cooler off, clean the old thermal paste off CPU and Cooler. Reapply the new thermal paste and reattach the CPU Cooler making sure that the cooler is properly fitted.

FYI: That's a cheap CPU cooler with only "2" heat pipes....you want something with at least 4 heat pipes. Those temps may be directly related to that low end CPU cooler.

I'm partial to the Hyper 212 Evo but if you like the DeepCool brand I would go with the Gammaxx 400.