Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios & CPU

User Tag List

cpu overheating

This is a discussion on cpu overheating within the Motherboards, Bios & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hey guys, I need your help as I am stuck and I dont really know what to do. I have

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2018, 04:01 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hey guys,

I need your help as I am stuck and I dont really know what to do. I have got a problem with my laptop as there are something that are making to run really slow so I would need to investigate it to find out what the problem is and where the trouble is coming from.

I have installed windows 7 on my new hard drive as I think there is something wrong with my old hard drive as it is running slow when I boots into windows but i am not really sure if it is the hard drive or the CPU. However when I installed windows 7 and used my laptop for a bit, I ran the program to test my CPU temperature to see how hot it is. I found that my cpu temperature are overheating which it is between 60c to 85c so I shut it down and I ran the memtest but it got crashes during the test so I can't find out what the problem is.

Can you please advice me with what I need to do and how i can find out if i have got a bad cpu, memory and a bad hard drive?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2018, 11:02 AM   #2
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Team Moderator
Articles Team Manager
Hardware Team Moderator

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

The maximum temperature it reaches is 85C? That would not cause it to shutdown and it's not overheating quite yet.

What makes you believe there is a problem with the hard drive?
Old 06-17-2018, 09:46 AM   #3
Team Manager - Hardware
Acting Manager, Security Center

My System

Have you tried shooting a "can of air" into the vents and then a vacuum to the vents to pull out what you can? How about make and model of laptop? Did you use the Windows memory test or boot to memtest86 on a cd or flash drive? Is the hard drive brand new and unused and how about make and model?

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and more effectively.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SOLVED] After pressing some key combo, I boot into emergency mode
I use Fedora 20. After pressing ctrl-alt-some function key, I entered emergency mode. Now every time I boot my computer, I enter emergency mode before I enter the normal OS. When I enter the normal OS there are no problems. How do I disable the auto-boot into emergency mode?
jengelhart Linux Support 26 07-25-2014 04:12 PM
[SOLVED] Cpu Overheating?
Hi Guys, I seem to be having a intermittent CPU overheating Problem. Today it has happened twice. **I just had the BSOD and my pc rebooted as I was writing this post! Ok the overheating Problem 1st happen when my old PSU died in January and the Pc Guy replaced it. He reported that he had a...
Uly5 Motherboards, Bios & CPU 8 03-25-2013 04:19 PM
BSoD in 10 minutes after startup
Have recently bought a new computer and built it from scratch. I've been having problems with blue screen in the first ten minutes after I cold start it but after that the computer usually works without problem until the next day. I have been running memtest a few times and it havn't found any...
Serpentario BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 28 11-14-2012 11:09 AM
IQRL BSOD
I really just need help getting all the info so you guys can help me. I dont know how to get the mini dumps if Im using an XP computer I can list some of the other stuff but I have no idea what to do until I can get some help with that.
Whitechaco BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 20 03-17-2012 03:34 AM
BSOD - Driver Power State Failure
Hello, I am new to this forum, which I found online while searching for a fix to a BSOD I'm repeatedly having. I am hoping someone could help me out because it is getting extremely frustrating. The PC is used as a dedicated media center. So having the system go down multiple times during a...
conecommander BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 4 08-17-2011 08:18 PM