Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU

User Tag List

COMPUTER WONT POST, POWER RUNS FANS AND DRIVE

This is a discussion on COMPUTER WONT POST, POWER RUNS FANS AND DRIVE within the Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I got a barebones kit this past christmas. MSI 785 mb, ultra 2g ddr2, wd 500g hard drive, amd athlon

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 07:18 AM   #1
Registered Member

I got a barebones kit this past christmas. MSI 785 mb, ultra 2g ddr2, wd 500g hard drive, amd athlon II x2 cpu, lite-on dvd writer, powerup case w/450 psu. This is only my second build and everything went well initially. about a month ago loaded sc2 on the pc. got a paged pool problem. being the idiot i am i followed advise to change the registry part to ffffff instead of 000000. game ran great however after i would stop playing the windows screen would lock up for a minute. then i noticed the POST screen would hang up. once i would get past the post after reseting, tried playing sc2 and it would crash after a few minutes. so i added another ultra RAM. wouldn't post. removed new ram. still no post. switched out mb still no post. switch out psu. still no post. even switched casing thinking power botton was bad. still no post. help!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2011, 07:45 AM   #2
Emeritus

Have you tried changing the Registry line back to it's original setting?

Old 06-03-2011, 08:14 AM   #3
Registered Member

changed registry back to original settings the day before new ram arrived. I thought the new ram was bad causing the no post issue so i immediately removed it. so looked at all possible option. like i said swapped out the psu and mb. cpu, ram, hard drive are suspect now for no post.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2011, 10:02 AM   #4
Emeritus

Try clearing the CMOS. If no joy you could try a Repair Install of the OS.

Old 06-03-2011, 09:00 PM   #5
Registered Member

tried clearing cmos, even disconnected the battery. still no post.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Computer won't start... Hard drive issue?
Ok... Hp pavilion tx2000, and windows vista, although I don't think that really matters anymore because... A few weeks ago, I turned on my laptop and instead of starting up normally, I was given a black screen with the short message "no OS detected." So, I took it to a computer guy to do...
Inomae Laptop Support 10 06-07-2011 12:45 PM
Computer powers up, fans running but no hard drive activity
I use my desktop only once a week. Today when I switch it on, the computer powers up, the fans are running but there is not hard drive activity. The cylinder icon does not blink. The Post and bios setting does not show up, just a black screen on the monitor. What should I do? The mouse, wireless...
legenderycity Hard Drive Support 13 05-14-2011 12:40 AM
Computer powers up, fans on - but will not POST
Looking for some advice on an issue I am having with my PC. It have had it for 3years with no issues at all, but recently when I turned it on the monitor did not come on. After more investigation it seems that BIOS does not POST - i.e. I don't get my usual beep when it boots. The CD drive and hard...
PerlonKid Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU 10 04-25-2011 03:57 AM
Computer Powers On, No POST After Hard Drive Upgrades
I see a very similar problem in a following thread, but I didn't want to hijack it so I made a new topic. So I had a custom built machine (let's call it "custom") with the following specs: AMD Phenom x4 965 (stock fan) Corsair 650w PSU Antec 300 case 12GB ram GIGABYTE GA-MA790GPT-UD3H...
shadou Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU 2 03-09-2011 01:47 AM
Basic computer troubleshooting
This is intended to be a cumulative message to help people follow basic troubleshooting and as a reference for other threads. This is NOT the definitive answer, but is a good starting point. Administrators feel free to add/modify as necessary. Note: These are based on the assumption your...
c_robertson Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU 0 01-18-2011 09:53 AM