Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU

User Tag List

Computer Won't cut on.

This is a discussion on Computer Won't cut on. within the Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello again... I moved from my previous home where my computer worked fine, then i moved to my current home

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 06:26 PM   #1

Hello again...

I moved from my previous home where my computer worked fine, then i moved to my current home and it wont cut on.. the tower wont turn on at all. I changed the power supply and it did the same.

Someone told me to take the heat sink off and the fan and reseat the CPU. I did it and nothing happend. Im all out of ideas.

Please someone help me solve this frusturating dilemma.

BTW its an eMachine about 4 years old.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2007, 09:25 PM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Do you have any signs of anything turning on in this PC. Lights,fans, etc?
Thanks
Old 07-24-2007, 09:26 PM   #3
TSF Enthusiast

OS: Windows 10 Pro x64, Windows 8.1 Pro x64 Update 1, Windows 7 SP1 x64 & x86

My System

Reseat the memory sticks and check all the other plugs and connectors to see that they are seated properly. Make sure the motherboard is tightly mounted and hasn't become loose. Also look around to see that nothing is trapped under the motherboard (got there during transport)
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Basics of Computer Hardware Cooling
The Basics of Hardware Cooling Introduction This article is intended for someone who has just completed building a computer or who is planning on building one. It will explain all the components of keeping the hardware in a computer reasonably cool, including processor cooling, graphics...
TheMatt Dead-Sea Scrolls 41 03-07-2007 07:41 PM
new hijackthis log, please help!
been away for 5 months and the family machine is in a bit of a mess. could you check my log and tell me what needs to be done. thanks shaun Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1 Scan saved at 19:28:09, on 31/05/2006 Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600) MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1...
el-picto Resolved HJT Threads 11 06-11-2006 03:14 AM
Computer Boot Up Problems
Hi, Iím posting this message on several computer help forums, hoping that someone out there knows the answer to my question. This is extreamly complex so I will try to be as detailed as possible. If you need more info just ask, Thanks. Shuttle XPC SN45GV2 / FN45 Motherboard Shuttle 250W Power...
david_97531 Windows XP Support 7 01-07-2005 07:35 PM