Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU

User Tag List

computer does not boot

This is a discussion on computer does not boot within the Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Today i found my computer (2 years old, Motherboard Abit IP35 Pro) with black screen (it stays "ON" always). Computer

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 08:27 PM   #1

Today i found my computer (2 years old, Motherboard Abit IP35 Pro) with black screen (it stays "ON" always). Computer did not respond to mouse move or any key on keyboard.
Attempt to reboot computer gave flicking screen and failure to load Windows.
I could see on badly flicking screen that windows started to load but failed and made another attempt to load that failed also immediately after displaying word "Windows" (this is Windows XP).
I reset CMOS, tried to change video cable, disconnect/connect video card, reconnected power supply to motherboard but nothing helped.

Any idea what could be wrong and how to diagnose the problem?
Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2010, 12:54 PM   #2
Team Manager - Networking
Moderator - Hardware

My System

Does the screen stay if you enter the BIOS? If it does, try entering Safe Mode during bootup. If the screen functions normally in Safe Mode, you likely have a driver issue. Switch the video drivers to a generic Windows driver and reboot.

Old 01-08-2010, 06:20 AM   #3

It appeared to be video card.
GeForce 8600 GT with FZ capacities that blown. It only 2 years old but we did not register it, so not lifetime warranty.
Does anybody knows if it possible to replace capacities?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2010, 09:47 AM   #4
Team Manager - Networking
Moderator - Hardware

My System

Capacitors? Depends on your soldering/3M skills. Also the blown caps may not even be the actual problem. Have you contacted the manufacturer? I've dealt with VisionTek and BFG and gotten service without having registered hardware (assuming you purchased the hardware and can provide the receipts).

Old 01-08-2010, 11:38 AM   #5

If you're handy with a soldering iron you can replace capacitors fairly easily, I had to do it with a Samsung TV which refused to turn on.

Look at the top of the capacitors to find the values and try to order ones with the same values (you can go a little bit higher if absolutely neccesary)

https://www.dalantech.com/fusionbb/sh...post/last/m/1/

that link might be of some help if you're looking to repair it yourself
Closed Thread