Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU

User Tag List

Compaq Presario 2100 Sound Issue After Motherboard Work

This is a discussion on Compaq Presario 2100 Sound Issue After Motherboard Work within the Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Windows XP. Had to remove motherboard to solder new power jack (novice). Afterwards there was no sound from speaker or

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2014, 09:14 AM   #1
Registered Member

Windows XP. Had to remove motherboard to solder new power jack (novice). Afterwards there was no sound from speaker or headphones. Disassembled partially to see if any cables loose, but still same issue. Opened sound settings in control panel and chose always display sound in notification and played around with the sound a bit, then sound came on. But when testing it the sound would go out for a period, maybe a minute or so, and then work again.

Did I possibly damage something on the motherboard? Any cheap way to get sound if motherboard is damaged? It has a PCMCIA slot but I don't know if a PCMCIA sound card would work on its own or need those possibly damaged parts of the motherboard to work. Also those PCMCIA sound cards seem expensive for what I need. This is an old computer I keep for garage work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2014, 04:11 PM   #2
Team Manager - Networking
Moderator - Hardware

My System

Loose cabling or damaged motherboard. You could always use a USB model.

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Toshiba L745 laptop Sound Doesnt work
im new to here, l have L745 TOSHIBA laptop previously it work properly.but yesterday its sound didn't work. laptop start time sound work well but after some times ( like a 10 min) it doesnt work. so i pluged head set then sound work through head set .after i unpluged a head set sound work through...
lapHelp Sound Cards 2 10-02-2013 05:23 PM
BSOD 0x1A running Viber 3.1.1.60 on W7x64
Hello. I've installed Viber for Windows onto my stable system. Now I'm getting occasionally a BSOD 0x1A during first running hour. Now I killed the Viber app after Windows start and work ok for 3 hours. The Viber log.log file says: Product version 3.0.0.133634 The viber.exe file version is...
pieceofbrain BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 2 09-28-2013 08:43 AM
[SOLVED] Biostar mobo onboard sound issue, drivers not working
I just upgraded my comp, was running an old 800mhz CPU/512mb RAM, hacked together out of bits and pieces of all manner of old, fossilized machines, damnable thing was older than I am, or bits of it were, now I have a half decent system. Currently running: XP pro Biostar N68S3+ motherboard...
Tsathoggua Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU 15 01-10-2011 11:05 PM
Vista to XP Downgrade Compaq/ HP F700/G6000/DV6900/DV6700/DVx7xx/DV9800 Series Laptop
GUIDELINES Please read the following:. I have compiled a list of drivers for the Compaq Presario/HP F700/G6000,DV6900/DV6700/x7xx and DV9800 series laptops with an AMD Processor ONLY. These drivers have been used "Successfully" to downgrade these laptops from Vista to XP. I must warn you....
BCCOMP Laptop Support 3 11-04-2008 07:58 PM
[AUDIO] Sound problems? Try these things first.
Basic Troubleshooting of Sound Problems. When a sound problem occurs, quite often it is an issue with the speaker connections or the sound being muted in Windows. Sometimes you may come across a driver issue, corrupt Windows or (uncommon) faulty hardware. The following are a few things that...
Deleted090308 Troubleshooting Tips and Tricks 0 02-17-2008 01:05 AM