Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios & CPU

User Tag List

Can't complete BIOS recovery

This is a discussion on Can't complete BIOS recovery within the Motherboards, Bios & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello, I have asus P7P55 LX motherboard. Yesterday I tried updating BIOS with special asus utility on win10 and after

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2018, 12:08 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hello, I have asus P7P55 LX motherboard. Yesterday I tried updating BIOS with special asus utility on win10 and after completing the process I got a BSOD. Now my PC does not work. Immediately after powering it on i see BIOS error end recovery thingy asking me to put in USB or CD-ROM with BIOS.

No matter what I try, I can't get it to work.
When I put in my asus CD that come with the motherboard recovery says that Iamge is outdated and asks me to restart pc with no result.
Whey I download BIOS for my mobo and properly rename it to P7P55LX.ROM it always said that this file is not found. I tried different bios versions, different usb drives, tried fat32, fat, burned it on CD, but each time it says that P7P55LX.ROM is not found.
If I copy rom file from original CD and put it on USB drive it still says that file is not found even that it find it on original CD but complins about it being outdated.
I also tried taking out battery, and resetting with that jumper thingy.

Can something be done?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo5393281654853839068.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	118.5 KB
ID:	319774  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2018, 01:08 AM   #2
Registered Member

Also I hear beeps when "File not found" message appears. I hear 3 beeps, then it pauses for a second, and then there is 5 more beeps. Don't know if those are short or long though.
Old 04-23-2018, 01:05 AM   #3
Windows Tech Team
Hardware Tech Team

When you download the BIOS image did it come as a Zip ? Are you renaming a .bin file ?

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SOLVED] BSOD almost every night
I built this box in December and installed W8 on it. IT's fast and never gave me a problem until about 4 weeks ago. Suddenly, almost every night, it crashes and I wake up and see the system is off. I've tired WhoCrashed and got mostly "This was probably caused by the following module: cmudaxp.sys...
pcostanza BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 38 05-20-2013 07:27 PM
BSOD Memory Management and several others
I'm not sure of the format of asking a question in this forum, so If I do anything wrong please take into account that I just registered. Anyway I've been having tons of BSODs since I got this computer, and I've tried reformatting the hard drive, reinstalling Windows 7 etc. I've also tried...
kingtidus390 BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 5 02-16-2013 07:33 AM
[SOLVED] BSOD - Video Driver related?
Windows 7 service pack 1 64 bit this is the original os, original install, full retail version I built this system in late december, os install is of the same age cpu - Intel Core i5 3570 graphics card - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti motherboard - MSI B75MA-E33 (MS-7808) power supply -...
Hishu BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 5 02-05-2013 06:46 AM
BSOD even in Safe Mode
Been suffering BSODs ever since installation and reinstallation of Windows Vista Home Premium. Currently updated to Service Pack 2. Memory and hardware successfully pass all tests. I'm trying to learn how to debug but could use some expert help in the meantime. The most recent BSOD crash...
Confuscated BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 13 11-19-2012 10:11 AM
Windows explorer keep crashing on right click.
I have this problem for more than a week. 1) when i right -clcik any (well, may be some) executable file to install the program the windows goes as not responding and comes with error. Detail of report is as follows: But when i just double click on file....It works just fine. Problem...
drosera01 Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 7 12-07-2011 07:17 AM