Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU

User Tag List

Building a computer from start.

This is a discussion on Building a computer from start. within the Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Im just curious and would like some viewpoints where to start. Im learning to build a computer and would love

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2012, 11:26 AM   #1
Registered Member

Im just curious and would like some viewpoints where to start.
Im learning to build a computer and would love to get started with my 1st one.
My intent is to build a gaming computer. Doesnt have to be like 1 of the highest end gaming computers but in the end would love a very good gaming computer.
So what id like to do is start with a cost efficient motherboard that i can simply build a decent computer that i can UPGRADE TO HIGHER END hardware at a later date.
Right now im looking cost efficient, what would be a good upgradeable motherboard for a beginner like me to get started? and a sexy looking case lol...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2012, 11:33 AM   #2
Emeritus

First, concentrate on quality over bling (i.e. "sexy looking case").
We have a list of suggested builds composed of top quality known compatible parts.
Some of the listed cases are pricey, SSD's aren't a good value at this time, aftermarket CPU coolers are not generally required so a more economical case and no SSD or aftermarket GPU cooler will lower the prices considerably.
https://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ed-662987.html
When you compose a list of components you are considering, make a thread in the "Building" section and we can advise accordingly.

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to Factory Restore your Computer
How to Factory Restore your Computer This tutorial will guide you on how to do a system restore on your Windows computer. Below make sure you read and follow only the tutorial that matches your computer. If an error occurs during the restore process, stop the process and post in the appropriate...
Masterchiefxx17 Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 0 03-24-2012 08:11 PM
Network/computer hacker
First thing is first network was hacked and claimed by one of my neighbors, I went through trouble getting it back but the problems started there with my first computer same operating system as the one i am using now. Then the yahoo google and bing redirect virus was intensely messing with my...
ktruok Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 2 11-22-2011 04:39 PM
can someone please check these logs for me
im working on my uncles pc right now it has an issue where ie and firefox are running with addons disabled for some reason and some web pages will not load. here is my logs. im also running xp on this machine. . DDS (Ver_2011-06-23.01) - NTFSx86 Internet Explorer: 7.0.5730.11 Run by...
sirtokesalot Resolved HJT Threads 36 07-14-2011 11:49 AM
My computer cannot start up properly
Happy New Year to everyone. Itís my first time posting in the forum. Recently, I have got some problems with my computer. It cannot start up properly. It gets stuck in the boot sequence frequently. In the first-booting, I always donít get anything on the screen even though the monitor is turned on....
charlie_ucc Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU 3 01-06-2011 03:21 AM
Power Supply Information and Selection
:smile: CHOOSING AND UNDERSTANDING A POWER SUPPLY UNIT The power supply unit in todayís modern computer assumes a role probably more critical than any other single component in your system even when compared to the CPU and motherboard. Therefore, there are multiple factors that must...
Tumbleweed36 RAM and Power Supply Support 0 07-09-2006 03:41 PM