Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU

User Tag List

brand new ASUS motherboard does absolutely nothing when power on! please help!!!

This is a discussion on brand new ASUS motherboard does absolutely nothing when power on! please help!!! within the Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I bought a brand new ASUS A8V Deluxe motherboard with a new AMD Athlon CPU 3000. I attached everything followed

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2005, 04:46 PM   #1

I bought a brand new ASUS A8V Deluxe motherboard with a new AMD Athlon CPU 3000. I attached everything followed the step by step instructions in a new chasis. On startup I could enter the BIOS and the motherboard could not recognise few hardwares such as keyboard. System always continued to load Windows 98 (I bought the Windows XP willing to format the hard drive).
I then made a bootable floppy from another pc and the system could boot with everything working properly in a DOS mode. Then, I downloaded from another pc from ASUS website some files to change the BIOS. With the help from a program from the ASUS motherboard's CD, I tried to install the new BIOS. I installed the A8v1014.ami file and still could not enter the BIOS. Then I installed the A8v1006.ami file renaming it to A8V.ROM.
Since then, when I power on the system, the PC does nothing, the screen is blind with the power, chasis and CPU fans working properly. Have I damaged the motherboard?
I removed the battery and cleared the CMOS but the problem remains.
I cannot do anything with a floppy as the PC does nothing and the screen is always blank.
Do I have to though away the brand new ASUS motherboard or is it anything I can do?
Please help me!
I am desperate, I might go to a technician to install a new ASUS A8V deluxe motherboard and cry for the previous one.
Any advice will be valuable!
Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2005, 04:54 PM   #2

I had the exact same problem with that MoBo and found a solution. If you are Yahoo messenger you can reach me at Cabinetmanjoe. or Msn messenger at [email protected]. I apologize for the that to the moderator. But hopefully one would understand theres not enough room in here to adress the issue. Thanks ~Joe~
Closed Thread