Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU

User Tag List

Bootup Problem

This is a discussion on Bootup Problem within the Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Alrigtht up until a few days ago my comp was running fine. Now it just plainly wont start up. The

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2005, 10:33 PM   #1

Alrigtht up until a few days ago my comp was running fine. Now it just plainly wont start up. The light in the power button has no color, but just the HDD light is solid. So i say HDD problem. The problem is though i start it up and thats all it does, starts up. Monitor stays off, nothing. So to make it short, power on nothing on the screen.

Anything to help guys, cuz im lost.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2005, 02:04 AM   #2
Registered Member

My System

Quote:
Originally Posted by lp36007
Alrigtht up until a few days ago my comp was running fine. Now it just plainly wont start up. The light in the power button has no color, but just the HDD light is solid. So i say HDD problem. The problem is though i start it up and thats all it does, starts up. Monitor stays off, nothing. So to make it short, power on nothing on the screen.

Anything to help guys, cuz im lost.
Wow, It's hard to say for sure, especially with the amount of information that was given. Have you made any changes, either software or hardware before the problem started?
Old 10-20-2005, 07:47 AM   #3

Clear the CMOS and see what happens,even if you haven't made any changes.
I had a memory problem and the HDD light stayed solid,so it could be any piece of hardware.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2005, 08:46 AM   #4

i know that there was kinda a lack of info, but thats the thing, all the info i have you have. I wasnt on the comp, other pieces of sh it in my house did it.
let me try to explain it better, when i hit ON, it starts up, and sounds fine. But as its on nothing happens screen blank, HDD light is solid. Also no hardware changes for sure, software pretty sure nothing maybe settings. I know thats big, but i cant get anything out of them anyway, cuz all i hear is I DIDNT DO ANYTHING.

Anything you need to know about the comp i can tell you.
Old 10-20-2005, 09:09 AM   #5

The CMOS is a jumper on your motherboard,I hope you have the manual.
But it sounds like some hardware has sh it itself.Is the CPU fan going.
Old 10-20-2005, 09:17 AM   #6

yeah i got the cmos resetting now. Yeah i think the some hardware might be shitting itself. Both fans are fine, power is getting to both of them if thats what you might have wondered

I thought you meant to do it on start up
Old 10-20-2005, 09:31 AM   #7

Have you got more than one stick of memory,if so take them out and try them one at a time.
Old 10-20-2005, 10:32 AM   #8

nope 1 stick
Old 10-20-2005, 11:57 AM   #9
TSF Enthusiast

My System

When your posting a problem with a PC please post your PC specs. It helps knowing what type of CPU, mobo, ram, power supply and wattage, operating system, etc the PC has. Include any other information that you can think of that may help isolate the problem.

Try the following:
Disconnect all the drives, remove all cards except your video card and any external devices except the keyboard. Reseat your video card if it is not onboard and try getting the machine to post it's bios startup screen.

It could also be the power supply that has gone bad. If you have a spare that is at least the same wattage as the one in the machine try it.
Old 10-20-2005, 12:29 PM   #10
Registered Member

My System

"When your posting a problem with a PC please post your PC specs. It helps knowing what type of CPU, mobo, ram, power supply and wattage, operating system, etc the PC has. Include any other information that you can think of that may help isolate the problem."

Exactly.
Closed Thread