Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU

User Tag List

Boot CD Firmware Flash

This is a discussion on Boot CD Firmware Flash within the Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Before installing XP on a 939 MSI Neo4 Platinum, I want to flash the boards firmware via a bootable CD.

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 12:19 PM   #1
Registered Member

Before installing XP on a 939 MSI Neo4 Platinum, I want to flash the boards firmware via a bootable CD. I burned two discs using both methods on bios-chips.com with Ultra-ISO and Nero 6. Nero showed burn success on both. I'd like to confirm the contents and find out which CD is ok to use.

When I navigate to #1 boot CD in Windows, there are no files that show up.. even though the Properties of the CD shows "Used Space" as 2.30mb. Data is burned on the disc because I don't get the "Please insert Disc" message, although in DOS I get "File not found". Inside Nero when I navigate to it, the CD gives me an Access Failure! error on the lower left.

In Windows, CD #2 shows the flasher and the binary (2.30mb used):
AWFL859G.exe
7125RH3D.1D0
In Nero, both files display ok as Track 1 and Track 2. I assume this is not an actual Boot disc, just a CD with two data files.

I hear that it's normal in Windows that all "files are hidden" on ISO Boot CD's, but the files will display in DOS. Not sure how to confirm this. Can any with ISO burning exp shine light on my results and tell me which CD is the actual Boot Disc so I can proceed with the firmware update? I want to get this sorted before I fill my desk with hardware for a new build.

~TIA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread