Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

biostar t6100-939 only detects half my ram

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  jsmathers 
#1 ·
i just built a new system with the biostar tforce6100-939 with an athlon 64 3000+ and a 1 gb stick of ddr400 from crucial.

the bios is only detecting 458MB of ram, no matter which of the 4 slots i put the 1 gb stick into.

this is only my second pc build. my question is intended for the more experienced builder. -Is there a most likely cause for this issue?

To me it seems that it could be the bios, or the motherboard hardware, or an issue the memory controller on the cpu, or bad ram, or just incompatible ram.

i emailed biostar support, and so far their one response has not even addressed my issue (they pointed out 65MB of ram is shared, but did not comment on the fact over 500MB is not being detected).

unfortunately biostar also said support (new drivers and bios updates) for this mobo are still under development.

so i'm starting to think i should return this mobo while in my 30 day period? would that be a premature action?

how new is this mobo? seems like i saw it reviewed in articles from last year.

i do not have a way to test my cpu or ram independent from this new build.

thanks

See less See more
#3 ·
thanks, i may ty this if it becomes necessary.

i took the 1 gb stick of crucial ddr400 to a friends computer where it showed only the same partial amount that my new system sees, -so i think i got some bad ram. i have a new stick on the way.

i hope its not the mobo, as i really like the combination of features on this board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.