Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios & CPU

User Tag List

BIOS updating firmware issues

This is a discussion on BIOS updating firmware issues within the Motherboards, Bios & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi guys, I recently built a custom gaming pc and it has been working great until a couple of weeks

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2018, 12:22 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi guys,

I recently built a custom gaming pc and it has been working great until a couple of weeks ago. I booted it up one day and a message appeared on my monitor saying, ĎBIOS is updating LED firmware - Do not shut down or reset the system to prevent system bootup failureí. Ever since that day, it keeps coming up with that message whenever I turn my pc on.

Any help is appreciated as I have to wait 1 hour each time I turn my pc on to use it.

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2018, 12:36 AM   #2
TSF Moderator
Hardware Team

We need more detailed information (complete system specs) on your PC.
Old 07-19-2018, 12:41 AM   #3
Windows Tech Team
Hardware Tech Team

I don't think BIOS Updates are done Automatically, they have to be initiated by the user.. Any chance you downloaded and tried to upgrade the BIOS ?

Or there are chances that there is a USB stick with the bin file connected to the PC and it automatically picks it up.. Or a hot key combo due to a stuck key on the keyboard which triggers the Dual Bios fall back.

You might want to try to perform a CMOS reset to see if that helps you..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2018, 01:10 AM   #4
Registered Member

Sorry Iím not all that computer savvy, what specs do I need to find out specifically?

And after the first time the message came up on the screen, I tried to update the bios manually but itís still coming up with the same message
Old 07-19-2018, 07:27 AM   #5
Team Manager - Hardware
Acting Manager, Security Center

My System

Sorry we can't help you at all without knowing anything about your system. Your post is like my asking you why the horn on my car only works after 3 tries? Impossible to answer so please pay attention to the answers given you before posting another thing.

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and more effectively.
Old 07-19-2018, 09:32 AM   #6
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kburns7 View Post
Sorry Iím not all that computer savvy, what specs do I need to find out specifically?
Hi you said you built a gaming computer you should know what the motherboard, ram, cpu and power supply and graphic card you put in it.

Mark thread solved under thread tools when issue has been resolved.
Old 07-19-2018, 10:29 AM   #7
Moderator TSF
Hardware Team Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscer1 View Post
Hi you said you built a gaming computer you should know what the motherboard, ram, cpu and power supply and graphic card you put in it.
Probably has no idea and had the pc built by someone else.
Closed Thread