Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU

User Tag List

Bios startup issue & CPU issue too!

This is a discussion on Bios startup issue & CPU issue too! within the Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi 2 issues here, 1 bios & 1 CPU. Bios. Bios 1st, when i boot up pc, i get the

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2013, 10:46 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi

2 issues here, 1 bios & 1 CPU.

Bios.
Bios 1st, when i boot up pc, i get the black bios screen saying 'unfortunately Windows didn't start properly & i get options to either start with last known what worked, safe mode (which always works) & a couple more i can't recall.
It also counts down from 30 & just reboots back to bios & the same page, occasionally it gets past the blue Windows welcome page & starts up normally, for this reason i can't do updates & when i end my pc session i have to keep the pc is hibernate.

CPU.
A few mins into my pc session, i get a fan noise that starts & increases, CPU in task manager is 100%, browsers 'Not Respond' i got shockwave plugin issues to continue or close, impossible to stream music/film etc. Then after about 50mins it winds down slowly & then nothing until after i've started the pc again.

Help appreciated & thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2013, 10:54 AM   #2
Emeritus

PC Specs?
Pre- Built Brand & Model Number
Custom Built- Brand & Model of Mobo-CPU-RAM-Graphics-PSU.
How old is the PC and what OS?

Old 11-23-2013, 11:17 AM   #3
Registered Member

Where do i find this stuff please? all i know is that its a Compaq Evo, small form factor!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2013, 03:24 PM   #4
Emeritus

There should be a Model Number somewhere on the case or look for the Service Tag for the Express Service Code.
The fan "noise" is probably the CPU fan increasing in RPM's attempting to cool the CPU that is likely overheating and causing the shut down.
Is the CPU fan & heatsink free from dust buildup? It can be cleaned with compressed/canned air.

Old 11-23-2013, 04:48 PM   #5
Registered Member

ok, erm , Compaq serial number 6S32KN9ZC1XW

I've done the spray can thing & there's nothing, no dust etc!
Old 11-24-2013, 05:54 AM   #6
Emeritus

Boot to the Bios, watch the CPU temp and see if it rises fast.

Old 11-24-2013, 09:13 AM   #7
Registered Member

Is that by pressing F1 when pc starts?

Do i check cpu heat by opening task manager when pc is in bios?
Old 11-24-2013, 09:53 AM   #8
Emeritus

When yo boot, the first screen you see should show what key to strike to boot to the Bios. The Bios will have a section called "PC Health" or similar.

Old 11-24-2013, 04:43 PM   #9
Team Manager - Hardware
Acting Manager, Security Center

My System

That unit is old, might need to take off heatsink and clean that and cpu and put fresh cpu grease on cpu.

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and more effectively.
Old 12-08-2013, 09:56 AM   #10
Registered Member

The CPU issue with noise & at 100% in task manager, seems to stem from Firefox, like of late i've had 3 tabs opened all the time when the browser is open. When i close the browser, the noise is there but after a while stops. Also i get unresponsive plugin warnings etc!
Closed Thread