Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios & CPU

User Tag List

BIOS mis-reporting RAM frequency

This is a discussion on BIOS mis-reporting RAM frequency within the Motherboards, Bios & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have just finished building my nice shiny new pc. However, the BIOS is reporting the memory frequency as 2133

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2019, 10:14 AM   #1
Registered Member

I have just finished building my nice shiny new pc. However, the BIOS is reporting the memory frequency as 2133 MHz. The RAM I have installed is 3000 MHz. Here's the hardware I'm using:
  • Motherboard is a Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming
  • CPU AMD Rysen 7 2700x
  • RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000, and installed in slots 1 & 3 on mobo.

I think I am interpreting the BIOS correctly. Appreciate if anyone can advise on how to fix and get the RAM running at the correct frequency.

TIA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2019, 11:14 AM   #2
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Team Moderator
Articles Team Manager
Hardware Team Moderator

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

Your RAM is overclockable. Inside the BIOS, locate the XMP profiles and load the default profile 1. This will boost your memory's speed.
Old 04-06-2019, 12:57 PM   #3
Registered Member

Sorted, thanks.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BSOD after few minutes of gaming
Hello, and thanks in advance for taking the time to help. First off, I couldn't find a thread with specific instructions on who to acquire all the specific log files for Windows XP - it seems the stickies only pertain to Windows 7 / Vista. If someone could point me in the right direction, I'll...
Deamon615 BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 37 11-04-2012 02:18 PM
[SOLVED] Superfetch...
Hey, First off, I'd like to say I don't definitely register the Superfetch service as the problem, it just seems that way from what's happened so far. I've posted around this site twice on my problems, all 2 other posts have the same symptoms, and the solutions given have eased my problems...
Squeedgie Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 37 05-31-2010 04:17 PM
App Crash, Windows Vista
Hello everyone, I used to play a game called navyfield and was unable to play for a couple months. When I was able to play the game again, the game automatically patched itself, and when I went to start the game it crashed. I have been in contact with the game's company for about 6 months working...
Nuclear_Bob BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 68 04-11-2010 09:05 PM
BSOD (Help please, this computer is new)
Hey, I've just got a BSOD:mad: This computer is only 2 months old (vista SP1). Yesterday my game crashed because of a video card driver error. After the BSOD I updated the drivers because that could cause it. The computer restarted after 5 seconds, so I didn't have the time to read the BSOD,...
Bv202 BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 35 09-03-2008 11:56 PM
Asus P5b Deluxe Overclock Setup!
I stumbled accross this arcticle and it kicks butt. www.thetechrepository.com/showthread.php?t=41
George Safford Motherboards, Bios & CPU 4 07-07-2007 06:41 AM