Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios & CPU

User Tag List

BIOS Locked

This is a discussion on BIOS Locked within the Motherboards, Bios & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. It is hard to know where to start, it would take a hundred paragraphs to explain everything I have done

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2018, 12:23 PM   #1
Registered Member

It is hard to know where to start, it would take a hundred paragraphs to explain everything I have done and what all I have experienced so far, but that is my biggest problem, many settings in the BIOS/setup are greyed out.

This is a refurbished HP I just purchased for a second desktop, has very good specs and for the brief amount of time I saw it running it was very fast and all, I wanna try and fix this BIOS issue. I bought it without the HDD and O/S that was in there and mated to the motherboard, got the chipset and other drivers from HP, it was up and running - for an hour or three.

I installed Windows 7 Ult Sp 1 64 bit from an ISO on a DVD I downloaded (have the MS 25-character product key thing, there is no issue there), i installed it twice the first night, both times, after a few hours or so, the Windows password I just entered and had been using with no issues for those few hours, just stopped working.

After this happened twice, MS and I decided I may have corrupt install files, so I let them take remote control and put that ISO on a USB flash drive this time, and make it bootable. All I had to do now is change the boot order from the DVD drive to the USB - no can do, now i can no longer change the boot order in the BIOS. That option, along with the other four options in that list, are all greyed out (the option is something like, "Password on F" or "Password on Changing Boot Order", or whatever the exact verbiage is, and you should be able to toggle between enabled and disabled, but I cannot select that option to select to disable the password).

That is all inside the setting "Computer Setup"/"Password Options", if I get to the boot order from the main BIOS/setup screen, there it asks me for a password again, and the password I just used to get into the main BIOS screen does not work here.

I removed the C-mos battery, this just made it even harder to work with this machine, it is hard to even get to the Windows login screen now (not that that would help me, I cannot log into Windows anyway).

I disconnected the SSD cables (the disc containing the copy of Windows I cannot get into), and put in that jump drive with the other copy of Win7 on it (supposed to be bootable), now I get "BOOTMGR Missing" and basically cannot get into the BIOS at all. Thoughts anyone?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2018, 01:45 PM   #2
TSF Moderator
Hardware Team
Networking Team

OS: W10P64 10.0.19041.264; W7U64; W7P64; XPP32; Zorin; Slax; Ubuntu; Kali (BackTrack); Android 6.01

Sorry but we cannot help with passwords. See the Rules here: https://www.techsupportforum.com/for...ork&page=rules
Old 03-22-2018, 03:57 PM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpywareDr View Post
Sorry but we cannot help with passwords. See the Rules here: https://www.techsupportforum.com/for...ork&page=rules
Did you read more than three words of my extensive post??? It couldn't be any more obvious that my problem has nothing to do with passwords, that my problem is a corrupt BIOS, that's what this board is all about? Motherboard and bios issues??? I wouldn't ask anyone for help with personal information like a password, the issue is with a locked BIOS, read the damn post before publicly saying something ridiculous like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2018, 04:01 PM   #4
TSF Moderator
Hardware Team
Networking Team

OS: W10P64 10.0.19041.264; W7U64; W7P64; XPP32; Zorin; Slax; Ubuntu; Kali (BackTrack); Android 6.01

Sorry but we cannot help you hack into a locked BIOS.
Closed Thread