Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU

User Tag List

BIOS is not detecting internal Hdd when external hard drive is connected

This is a discussion on BIOS is not detecting internal Hdd when external hard drive is connected within the Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi all, I have a problem, I think with bios. when I start my pc and the external hdd is

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2014, 11:01 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi all,

I have a problem, I think with bios. when I start my pc and the external hdd is connected and turned on, bios is not detecting internal hard drive. Where there may be the problem and how could it be fixed? Maybe anybody knows?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2014, 11:06 AM   #2
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

Hi and welcome to TSF have you tried booting with the external removed

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
Old 04-04-2014, 11:12 AM   #3
Registered Member

yep, when external is removed, internal hdd was detected and windows starting normally.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2014, 11:29 AM   #4
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

Hi then I would not connect the external until you have booted into windows,you can check your bios boot options and make sure your Hard drive is set as first boot device and not boot from usb or external device.

Old 04-04-2014, 11:44 AM   #5
Registered Member

First boot device now is set to internal hdd, but when I try to restart my pc with connected external hdd, in boot device priority section there arent internal hard drive, only the external hdd and dvd.
Old 04-04-2014, 12:26 PM   #6
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

Then you will need to do as I suggested and plug in the external once you have booted to windows.

Old 04-04-2014, 12:33 PM   #7
Registered Member

But the problem is that until past friday everything were working perfectly, and now situation is different...
Old 04-04-2014, 12:43 PM   #8
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

What happened on the friday ie did someone pull the external drive with out using safely remove

Old 04-04-2014, 12:56 PM   #9
Registered Member

No, past thursday i turned my pc off and the next morning pc will not started properly, and show this problem. ohh There were a message when I turned my pc on before the bios checked hdd's and everything: that asus express gate is not installed on this computer. I just disable express gate function in bios and all week until today everything was ok, but today the same problem appeared, and asus express gate function in bios were enabled.
Old 04-04-2014, 12:57 PM   #10
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

Try reseting the bios and disabling asus express see if it will return to normal

Old 04-04-2014, 01:20 PM   #11
Registered Member

I've done this already and express gate is still disabled, but the problem with internall hdd still actual, when pc restarting bios is detecting only external hdd, floppy drive (i don't have it at all) (I have only card reader) and dvd drive (i checked in boot device priority section in bios), internal hdd were detected only when external hdd was removed.
Old 04-04-2014, 01:31 PM   #12
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

Did you try disabling the boot from usb option in the bios

Old 04-04-2014, 10:19 PM   #13
Registered Member

No, I will try. Yesterday i disabled asus express gate function in bios, and today asus express gate function was again enabled. And some problem with external hdd was occurred.
Old 04-05-2014, 06:19 AM   #14
Emeritus

Disable Express Gate, uninstall Express gate, disable booting from USB in the Bios.

Closed Thread