Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios & CPU

User Tag List

Bios flash

This is a discussion on Bios flash within the Motherboards, Bios & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi there, thanks for looking at this. : smile Please forgive the length of this post. I was using win7

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2018, 04:57 AM   #1
Registered Member

Mistake

Hi there, thanks for looking at this. : smile

Please forgive the length of this post.

I was using win7 ultimate and lost all sound(corrupt system file). I contacted MS support to see if I could upgrade to win10 as I had previously had the free download but reverted back to win7. They agreed and said they would upgrade it there and then and I agreed.
The tier1 tech spent hours trying to upgrade but failed and said he could only do a full install, I agreed. This failed.
He booked a tier2 technician appointment for a couple of days later. This 'better' technician managed to instal win10Pro, but in the process lost 2 of the 4 sata drives in my system. He dismissed himself saying I will have to update and flash my BIOS, and processor drivers.
I have downloaded the latest complete driver (F9) for my gigabyte Z87X UD4H (latest, F10b is in beta). When trying to flash the drive I have a message saying the F9 is out not current and wont flash.
I want to contact gigabyte support...but. There are no UK support tel numbers. The online support requires a log-in. The registration does not send an email to confirm. I cant contact online as I cant log-in.
This is sooo frustrating that I want to shoot myself, but dont have a gun.

PLEEESE can someone help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2018, 05:03 AM   #2
Windows Tech Team
Hardware Tech Team

What are all the 4 SATA drives make/Model of these ?

Old 11-19-2018, 05:27 AM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristar View Post
What are all the 4 SATA drives make/Model of these ?
The system can see:
Samsung SSD 840 EVO 120Gb (Boot drive)

Samsung SSD 840 EVO 1Tb

Not showing are:
Toshiba HDD DT01ACA300 3Tb

OCZ SSD Vertex plus 60Gb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2018, 06:32 AM   #4
Windows Tech Team
Hardware Tech Team

Any chance one of these drives is a SATA 2 device ?

Old 11-19-2018, 07:04 AM   #5
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristar View Post
Any chance one of these drives is a SATA 2 device ?
The OCZ is?

I have just defaulted the BIOS (didn't think I had changed anything since build).
Doing so booted to message no boot drive, second boot showed all drives and asked for boot drive selection.
The system restarted and windows10 kept reporting a problem and had to fix so repeatedly rebooted with same message.

It then said I need to reset windows, this it did (looked like a re-install) and now I can see all drives.

The restart has named the previously missing drives MarvelOne nd MarvelTwo.

My concern is that Marvel may relate to Raid drives? I don't want to overwrite the data on these drives. Actually the OCZ drive is unimportant (I can remove that if you think it may cause me more problems)?

Thank you for helping me Tristar, It is appreciated. :)
Old 11-19-2018, 08:56 AM   #6
Windows Tech Team
Hardware Tech Team

No worries mate, we're here to help.

I'd go to the Gigabyte website (I've seen a lot of Gigabyte using Marvell chipsets, which seem to have problematic drivers) and check if there are updated drivers for the Marvell chipset (please confirm this) and update them.

If this is RAID, then use more caution since if the config is lost, you would lose all drives from the RAID config and have to rebuild it and might cause data loss so skip the Bios reset/update for now.

As a test, remove the OCZ and test if you're able to skip the error.

Closed Thread