Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU

User Tag List

Ati 4870x2 Mobo?

This is a discussion on Ati 4870x2 Mobo? within the Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. About a week ago i brought my new system build and well frankly it given me lots of stress. First

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 04:13 PM   #1

About a week ago i brought my new system build and well frankly it given me lots of stress. First the gpu was broken and know i got back onto overclcokers and thay have addded the note for my mobo which is a Abit IX48 gt3 hotfoot ddr3 that its incompatable with the 3870x2 and 4870x2 which has pissed me off. i know there was probelms with one or 2 abit x38's but has anyone elce heard of the x48 problem im still waiting on my return of my gpu. It only features on overclcokers and could it be fixed by bios update like the others or is it hardware!.
because i can borrow my mates gpu to update the bios but i just dont know what to do because quite a recent mobo and no one elce has posted the problems it may work when i get it back. Any one have any ideas

Thanks tom.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2008, 06:08 PM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Send a message via MSN to linderman

I would try a bios update ..... if that doesnt fix your woes ..... return the board for a refund .......

thats why I stick ONLY with asus or gigabyte ....... abit used to be one of my favs.... but at the end of the P4 days ....something happened to abit ........ they dont fix bugs near fast enough anymore ....... if they fix them at all!
Old 09-12-2008, 06:09 PM   #3
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Send a message via MSN to linderman

gigabyte releases the most bios per board of any motherboard manuf
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2008, 01:07 AM   #4

k cheers guys well my gpu is commign today so if it dosent work then ill try the bios update using another gpu and if not ill do a refund hopefully and phone abit to see if they mabe making an update to solve this problem cuase its a good value board.
Old 09-13-2008, 02:16 AM   #5

still no happiness its not working so i think it may be the board and i cnt get ahold of abit as they are closed on saturdays
Closed Thread