Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU

User Tag List

At first there was a freezing problem , now there's no sound.

This is a discussion on At first there was a freezing problem , now there's no sound. within the Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello everybody. I'm new to the forums as I must get help and I begin to give up any hope.

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 10:02 PM   #1
Registered Member

Cry

Hello everybody.
I'm new to the forums as I must get help and I begin to give up any hope.

Anyway a few days ago I began having computer freezing problem , it just froze completely and the sound began buzzing , only re booting could restore the pc.
The freezing could happen again in a few minutes or in a hour.

The strange thing is that the next day I boot the PC ( after it was shut Down for a lot of time ) the freezing doesn't happen , as if it just had over heats.

Yesterday I tried to update my motherboard drivers , I updated the audio drivers as I suspected that the problem could be tied to the audio...

The freezings were completely fixed !
But there was other problem that happened , now that I updated the drivers the PC just won't recognize the headphones I plug in.

I tried everything but I don't know what's going on.
I also suspect I could have made a huge mess with the drivers as I installed and re installed them many times.

Please help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2012, 03:26 AM   #2
TSF - Enthusiast

My System

Post the make/model of the PC. If custom built post the specs

Motherboard-CPU-Memory-Graphics card-Power Supply brand/wattage

Boot into the BIOS and post the temp and voltage readings.

Do you have sound through the speakers?
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Windows 7 sound problem
Okay I've been having this problem for as long as I've had windows 7, and is frankly the only problem standing in my way of keeping windows 7 my current OS. I love windows 7, but it is the ONLY operating system that has given me this problem, I've never had this problem with xp or vista. After...
vIrUs_32 Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 2 11-24-2011 03:40 AM
[SOLVED] Sound Driver Problem
I was going through my computer trying to clear some space for music and thus deleting every seemingly unimportant program. I mistakenly deleted my sound driver in this process of follies, or what I'm assuming is my sound driver, the program was called Sound Max. I have since began an exhaustive...
django101 Driver Support 5 09-07-2011 09:20 AM
Sound problem
So I've been to all the forums, googled the problem nobody seems to know what it is... I am running Windows 7 Enterprise SP1. My computer suddenly restarted, I don't know why and when it started up again the sound was gone. This is what I tried: reinstalling the drivers, I've checked CP...
rviens Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 1 09-03-2011 10:17 AM
sound card problem in my motherboard
Once i inserted by mistake a usb in audio port since then the sound coming out is not at all clear its very noisy. Plz let me know exactly wat can be the problem. The mother board i use has inbuilt sound card, i asked one the retailser but i was told that the sound card cant be replaced in...
roy1974 Sound Cards 3 06-24-2011 03:46 PM