Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios & CPU

User Tag List

Asus Z97 pro wifi ac no video

This is a discussion on Asus Z97 pro wifi ac no video within the Motherboards, Bios & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have a custom gaming Pc with Asus Z97 pro wifi ac motherboard, 16gb ram, i5 cpu. Started having issue

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2018, 03:02 AM   #1
Registered Member

I have a custom gaming Pc with Asus Z97 pro wifi ac motherboard, 16gb ram,
i5 cpu. Started having issue with no video. Error 55 (no ram installed) code on led display.
I cleaned connections and reseated but still no video, I replaced ram and now sometimes does have video when turned on.

When there is no video it has error 4f (DXE IPE) and 6 short beeps. There is no indication of what the beep codes are in the service manual or on the website. Cant find much online about either error.

I have reseated ram, cpu, gpu and checked all connections. Leading me to think possible motherboard failure.

Have anyone had similar problems??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2018, 05:30 AM   #2
Windows Tech Team
Hardware Tech Team

When you say no Video, do you mean the PC does not POST & BOOT, or do you know the PC is booting and you hear the logon sound but there is no video ?

Do you have onboard Video & a GFX card ?

The error indicates (I think) is the pre-efi phase, DEX initialization is the next step, can you use one Memory card in the far left slot (or ref your manual for slot1/A and set it up there) Boot it, then shutdown and add the other cards ?

Old 03-16-2018, 07:47 AM   #3
Registered Member

No post or boot, cpu and case fans are running OK. I hear 6 short beeps than a pause for a a few seconds and 6 short beeps again and this continues.

I've attempted with one ram in the correct slot but still the same errors.
I'm using the internal graphics on the motherboard, I tried also with the gpu card.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2018, 04:43 AM   #4
Windows Tech Team
Hardware Tech Team

I don't see a description for 6 short beeps, can you listen again and see if there are long/short beeps and the number of times the long/short repeat ?

Old 03-21-2018, 05:04 AM   #5
Registered Member

There is exactly 6 short beeps less than a second in between each beep, than a 2 second gap with another 6 short beeps, this is continously, had the PC on for 15 mins and it kept on the continuing. I searched online myself and couldn't find anything.
Old 03-21-2018, 05:22 AM   #6
Windows Tech Team
Hardware Tech Team

I'm not able to find any info for 6 beeps :S Can you drop an email to Asus tech support asking them the indication of the 6 beeps ?

Old 03-27-2018, 11:59 AM   #7
Registered Member

UPDATE!!!
I was unable to get in touch with Asus support. To submit a ticket to Asus you have to include a serial no! Which I had but wouldn't except, and couldn't find an email anywhere online.
Thanks for your help Asus.

I decided to try a new motherboard which did the trick, all working perfectly now.

So I guess 6 beeps error on an Asus motherboard means failure.
Closed Thread