Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU

User Tag List

Asus P4P800 e-deluxe continuos rebooting whilst installing xp

This is a discussion on Asus P4P800 e-deluxe continuos rebooting whilst installing xp within the Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi I am having trouble with my new asus p4p800 e-deluxe. It keeps on resetting/rebooting during the installation of windows

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2004, 07:02 AM   #1

Confused

Hi I am having trouble with my new asus p4p800 e-deluxe. It keeps on resetting/rebooting during the installation of windows xp pro. At times i'll complete the installation, but even then my system will automatically reboot. This has been happening for about a month now. So please help me.

I also sometimes get the next error message : Irql_not_less_or_equal.

My rig: atx 350 w case
ati radeon 7000 64mb
asus p4p800 e-deluxe
intel pentium 4 cpu 3.giz
system memory : 512mb ddr-400mhz pc3200
250 sata maxdor hdd or a 20 gig normal ide which i'm trying to use
benq dvd rw.

The following are settings in my bios - if anyone can see anything wrong with it or know the correct settings please inform me.

advanced settings bios
ai overclock tuner (standard)
performance mode (auto)

Cpu Configuration
frequency : 3000mhz
fsb : 800mhz
cache l1 : 8kb
cache l2 : 512kb
cahce l3 : 0kb
ratio status : locked
ratio actual value : 15
vid cmos settings : 62
max cpuid value limit : disabled
cpu internal thermal control : auto
hyper threading technology : enabled

chipset
configure dram timing by spd : enabled
memory acceleration mode : auto
dram idle timer : auto
dram refresh rate : auto
graphic adaptor priority : agp/pci
graphic aperture size : 128 mb
spread spectrum : enabled
ich delayed transaction : enabled
mps revision : 1.4

advanced pci and pnp settings
pnp o/s : yes
pci latency timer : 64
palette snooping : disabled
pci ide busmaster : enabled

Power
suspend mode : auto
repost video on s3 resume : no
acpi 2.0 support : enabled
acpi apic support : enabled
bios - aml acpi table : enabled
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2004, 02:31 PM   #2
I helped the forums.

OS: XP-Pro Sp2 & XP-Pro Sp2 Tablet Edition, Vista Ultimate, Win 7

My System

That reply is usually memory related, set the memory timings manually per mfg specs and bump the memory voltage up to 2.75. Also, I would have to say since you get as far as you do I would also suspect that as the HD spins up its drawing more power than your psu can supply....you are really underpowered for what you have, recommend a good Fortron, Sparkle or Enermax unit of 450W+. As the amps drop on your psu with the HD spinning up....your computer would freeze and/or rebooot. also as I look at your post..."graphic aperture size : 128 mb" it should be set to 64mb for your video card. Spread spectrum should be disabled, and pnp os should be set to no for XP ! Hope this helps you out.
twajetmech
Old 10-12-2004, 01:30 PM   #3

I am having the exact same problem with a p4p800se and i did notice that my hard drive actually stopped spinning once while i was installing. So now I am going out to get a new power supply and I will let you know how it goes.

peace
backwards

https://www.techsupportforum.com/showthread.php?t=18911
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2004, 05:46 PM   #4

Yeah I bought a NICE 480w Enermax PSU and it still froze. I was finally able to load windows when I put a Sony DVD drive in place of my plextor (***??). Hyper Thread is Disabled.

I am now in windows and am trying to load drivers as fast as I can. I have literally swapped out everything in this PC besides the CPU. The bios reads my temps as being 25c chasis and 50c cpu so that is still ok.

I will keep you posted.

Will anyone with a working board please tell me what kind of ram you are using?

I have swapped out the ram but it was just with some other generic stuff so I am still suspect.

peace
backwards
Old 10-12-2004, 06:02 PM   #5
I helped the forums.

My System

Sounds like you had driver issues with the plextor...DVD drives usually need to be the master device on the IDE port and cable (learned that the hard way !) As for memory, Mushkin and Kingston have given most people here on the forum the least amount of trouble...look in the "I've got a working P4X800..." sticky to see what others have been using successfully. I'd reccomend some Mushkin PC3200 Level One to go with your system.
Old 10-13-2004, 11:22 AM   #6

I have been using 2 x 512mb of Corsair dual channel ram. Last night I replaced it with 1 x 512mb of kingston but still no joy. I am giving up and trying a different board because this is my second p4p800se board. I hate to get dominated by a MB but I have never had so much trouble with a build in my life.

Last question. Does this at all sound related to my CPU?

thanx for your help

peace
backwards
Old 10-13-2004, 02:02 PM   #7
I helped the forums.

My System

By process of elimination ! it's worth a shot since the mobo you have is an excellent one....just make sure you can return the cpu if it does not solve the issue.
Old 10-13-2004, 02:18 PM   #8

Has this combination of parts ever worked?
What P4 are you using, Prescott or Northwood?
If you never have used this board before successfully then I would get the new 1018 bios from ASUS just to make sure that the CPU has proper compatibility plus the revision to the SATA problems they were having. I run this bios without problems since it was out. Make sure the Ram is in the correct slots and seated properly.

In the bios I would change these settings at least till windows is installed. .

1. MPS revision =1.1 (change after success)
2. PNP O/S=NO , let the bios handle all the controlling of devices for now
3. CPU internal thermal control=off (if this is the setting that changes your fan speed. Make sure whatever it is that your system do not control this, just let it run)
4. performance mode=off or standard

I have the same board and love it, but I have gotten cutomer boards from ASUS that were bad out of the box.
Closed Thread